1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ePassporte and Payoneer Card works with Paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by eddy2099, Mar 18, 2007.

I've written to Paypal over the weekend as I wanted to add my US issued Payoneer.com Master Debit Card to my account. I am from Singapore. I explained to them the situation and they say that I can add the card even though the Mailing Address associated with the Card is from Payoneer.

Any case, I added that in with the US address, the only thing that I cannot change was my country and the Card got accepted. Now I am waiting for my Expander Used Program code to activate the account.

I tried adding my ePassporte.com Virtual Visa Card and it worked this time around. In the past, it refused to accept it. However, this card cannot be used for the Expander Used Program. Which isn't an issue to me because I already used my local credit card and bank account to get my account verified.

I get paid in US dollars to my ePassporte and Payoneer cards and I hate the idea of having to pay all my US bills through my Singapore credit card because of the exchange rates and added foreign exchange fees. Now that those are accepted, it sure mean that I can spend in US dollars.

However, this should not be used by anyone trying to sneak through the verification process as both the ePassporte and Payoneer cards require you to verify via address verification and also through a credit card verification process. But if you get paid through it, it be great.

Payoneer is neat because it allows you to accept credit card payments by 3rd parties using their VISA or Mastercard. They do not need to be a Payoneer member.

Just to let you know.

eddy2099, Mar 18, 2007 IP
    sweb likes this.
  2. supriyadisw

supriyadisw Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your great information. I just want to make sure about it:
    - Your Paypal use Singapore address, right?
    - Your Payoneer.com Master Debit Card use usa address as its billing address, right?

How to add this debit card to verify your Singapore paypal? Since your debit card's billing address different from paypal address.

How you fill the billing address when you add your debit card to verify your paypal? You fill with your US billing address or with your paypal address.

Thanks a bunch.

supriyadisw, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  3. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, my Paypal uses my Singapore Address and Payoneer.com uses the USA Address.

I never said that I used any of those cards to verify my Singapore Paypal account. Those are secondary debit cards which I've added so that when I pay in US dollars, I can fund it from a US dollar debit card. I still went the traditional way of using my Singapore Credit Card to verify my Paypal account, my Payoneer Mastercard and ePassporte Cards.

When I added a new card, I just entered the Payoneer.com address and since the country is unchangeable, it is left as Singapore and it worked.

I did write to paypal to ask if I can do it and this was their reply

If you want a way to verify your account, you will need to use a local credit card for it. That's the only official way to do it.

eddy2099, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  4. supriyadisw

supriyadisw Peon

Best Answers:
    That's great! Thanks a bunch..

Have a great day...

supriyadisw, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. supriyadisw

supriyadisw Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi eddy2099,

How to apply Payoneer.com since they ask for SSN? Thanks

supriyadisw, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  6. Century

Century Active Member

Best Answers:
    eddy2009,
    thanks for your informations,

But how can you get Payoneer.com? its only availabe for US Citizen.
    Maybe youhave some trick for that? :D

Century, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  7. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops sorry about that.

I am a shareware developer and I signed up with Plimus.com as my Payment Processor and that is where I signed up for the Payoneer Card. It appears that the offer for non-US residence may only apply to Plimus merchants only.

I am from Singapore and Signed up as a Singapore Citizen with a Singapore Address and they sent me the card to that address.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I should have checked the actual website first.

eddy2099, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  8. Century

Century Active Member

Best Answers:
    What US address used on your Payoneer Card?
    Plimus.com address or anything else?

Century, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  9. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually use the card to purchase using my Singapore address and most times it goes through without any issue.

However for online purchases, I am supposed to use the Payoneer New York Address as my billing address. I actually never did and just use my Singapore address since those places I bought from wants to ship to my billing address. :)

10. Century

Century Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, but Im sure if you know its about address on card files.
    That is fake address??
    And did you sign up Payoneer Card by your self?

Century, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  11. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I do not believe in placing fake details or anything.

The address is Payoneer Office address. They are a real company. The card is issued by the First Bank of Delaware from the US. I cannot use any other address apart from my actual address and Payoneer address. The reason is that the Payoneer address is an alias for my mailing address.

I signed up the Payoneer card as a Plimus Vendor as they had an arrangement between Payoneer and Plimus to offer the cards.

There is nothing fake about it. I had to go through the address verification and I have to submit my local credit card details before they authorized me to use the card.

I just use it because I made a lot of purchases from the US and have lots of US bills to pay, actually more then the Singapore bills. So the arrangement suits me fine as I do not need to incur any currency conversion fees as all transactions are done in US dollars.

12. Century

Century Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sound good..
    May be I will try laters.

many thanks for your Info buddy :)

Century, Apr 11, 2007 IP
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I like to update this thread. Although ePassporte Virtual Visa is accepted by Paypal, do not use it as your primarily credit card because it appears that based on my recent experience, it appears that more time than not, Paypal would fail to withdraw from the ePassporte Virtual Visa. Roughly only about 2 out of 10 transactions are successful.

Use as only as a secondary debit card.

eddy2099, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  14. nabiha

nabiha Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the help buddy.

nabiha, May 1, 2007 IP
  15. G2o

G2o Guest

Best Answers:
    I just got my Payoneer prepaid mastercard yesterday. I just need to add some funds to it now. I wonder if this can be used to withdraw funds from paypal? I have been reading paypal now has this feature to withdraw via a debit/credit visa/mastercard branded card, any experience with this?

G2o, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  16. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am not sure if you can do that since I am from Singapore and they do not support withdrawal to Debit card option.

However, in the past you can fund the Payoneer card through Paypal but it seems that option is no longer available.

eddy2099, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  17. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:

You got the card from GAF? Then you can easily deposit by PP and withdraw to the card for free. All together will cost you about 3% then

To withdraw to CC/DC is only possible to some countries and I don´t think you can use a US issued CC/DC card for an Indian account for example.

Hellfire81, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  18. pokusz

pokusz Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you saying that epassporte vcc (as secondary card) works even now with paypal?

I need some way to transfer my money from epassporte to paypal, trough the internet.

I tought that epassporte doesn't work with paypal at all.

pokusz, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  19. Hellfire81

Hellfire81 Peon

Best Answers:

I can exchange your epassporte for PP if you need. Just send a PM so we can discuss this.

Hellfire81, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  20. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very old thread. In the past, epassporte worked with Paypal but it is no longer working with it. I did write to ePassporte about it and they say because of the level of fraud on paypal, they denied all paypal transaction.

However, the Payoneer card still works with Paypal.

eddy2099, Oct 15, 2007 IP