1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Entry Pages Definition?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jocknotech, Sep 23, 2004.

From what I have read, ENTRY PAGES are pages within the web site that are not your main page, but can be used as a main page of sorts. I asked a database designer one time "Can you give each page a seperate TITLE (like the example below)?"

He said "no, but you have to leave the TITLE TAG the same but you can change meta tags on each sub-page".

This is not my site, but simply an example of what I asked him...Can I do this with one main page amd three secondary pages...imagine that I had cars.com

MAIN HOME PAGE:
    <html>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>CARS</TITLE>
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="cars,car,classic cars,antique cars,collectible cars">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Cars - Classic, Antique, and Collectible Cars">

THREE SUB-PAGES (Can these each get seperate TITLE,DESCRIPTION,and META tags?)
    <html>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>CARS - Classic Cars</TITLE>
    <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="cars,car,classic cars,antique cars,collectible cars">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Cars - Classic Cars of America">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Cars - Antique Cars of America">
    <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="Cars - Collectible Cars of America">

Can I do that?

Thank you,

jocknotech :)

jocknotech, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  2. dazzlindonna

dazzlindonna Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course you can - and you absolutely SHOULD have a different title for each page of your site.

dazzlindonna, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  3. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Someone gave you some really bad info. --He said "no, but you have to leave the TITLE TAG the same but you can change meta tags on each sub-page".

Keywords tag is mostly ignored (definetely by google)
    Title can and should be changed on everypage in order to use another keyword phrase for each page. The exception is if you are only going to work one keyword phrase throughtout your whole site.

Basically you need to optimize each page seperately. Everypage can be an entry page from a search engine listing.

debunked, Sep 23, 2004 IP
  4. Foxy

Foxy Chief Natural Foodie

Best Answers:
    What a load of absolute crap.

First - every page you put down is a possible entry page - even those within frames.

So go and do a site:www.xxx.com search on Google

What do you see.....entry pages...thats what...now in order that they have a relevant tile to the content they need to have a title that is relevant.

So if it is about Classic Cars give it that title and use an anchor link of the same and you will see that that page will be found for Classic Cars :)

Foxy, Sep 23, 2004 IP