1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Enter code to verify query...

Discussion in 'Programming' started by ian_ok, Nov 23, 2004.

I've been seing some asp script on my log file every time before a submission of a link is completed.

So this is auto fill form I would say....

How can I add a enter this code to make sure it isn't an auto complete.

What do I need to do this?

Ian

ian_ok, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  2. Andre

Andre Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm,

Im not quite sure I understand, but I think what your trying to ask is how to set up one of those `type what you see in the image` deals to keep automated submission programs at bay.

The best way to do this would be through a server side script (as a client side solution could be analyzed by automated submission processes)

The `image verification` setup has two components. The first is on the actual submission form, and consists of a routine which picks a random sequence of letters, than either generates an image or pieces together images from a library to reflect said random letters. This part of the script must also pass on this letter sequence to the second part, either by creating a new session and storing it as a session variable, or encrypting it and passing it as a hidden item in the form.

The second component is the script which the submission form is `submitted` to. This form basically just checks the letter sequence the user entered against the letter sequence that was randomly generated in part one.

Regards,
    Andre Godin

Andre, Nov 23, 2004 IP
  3. ian_ok

ian_ok Peon

Best Answers:

ian_ok, Nov 24, 2004 IP