1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

English tutoring business need your ideas

Discussion in 'General Business' started by peacelover20, Nov 6, 2015.

Hi Digitalpoints

I want to setup an online english tutoring company ' so what do i need for that .
    My idea is renting a small office or garage and buying computers + digital cams and contracting with Nativeteachers from USA and UK . However the problem is that native teachers chargehigh hourly rate , which is not convinentto m'y students . Note that i want to setup this project in morocco .

Also i think that i will need softwars . So can you suggest your feedbacks .

peacelover20, Nov 6, 2015 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is not clear what you are trying to do. Are you going to have either students or teachers actually come to your garage for training sessions? Or are you going to make training videos and sell them over the web?

Of course, you may have a fundamental problem: if the costs to offer the training are too high for you market to afford, the business model does not make sense.

Need more details about how you see this working...

jrbiz, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  3. peacelover20

peacelover20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answer

I want to connect native english teachers with my students by using thé webcam of Google+ in addition students will be coming to the garage or office . Each student has a computer and a webcam and will be interacting with his teacher .

The problem for me is that native teachers charge high amount of money per hour ' I got to find a solution for this problem.
    I welcome everyone who wants to partnership with me ' and i can promess you that there is a big demande of english language in Morocco .

Best

peacelover20, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the problem is that the countries with native English-speaking citizens all have strong economies, relatively speaking. If you were thinking about one-on-one tutoring and that is too expensive for the students, you might want to consider having one teacher working with multiple students at the same time (in a "class") to help spread out the cost of the teacher.

jrbiz, Nov 7, 2015 IP
  5. jraitamaa

jraitamaa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You definitely do not need any office space to start this kind of business. You just need website and then you are ready to go. When it comes to teaching or tutoring English I do not think native is always best. You can find good English teachers from other countries, with lower salaries. However if you want native speaker with low cost, how about connecting with students? They do not have experience yet and would be cheaper. Many English teachers I have met in Asia aren't actually language teachers, just natives with some university degree.

jraitamaa, Nov 8, 2015 IP
  6. peacelover20

peacelover20 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Jraitamaa

I thank you for your answer , but can you give me more details about establishing a website.

I think that a website is essential but there will certainly be some kind of software needed .

My idea is that i want to connect with some teachers around the world and let them establish their accounts in my website . When the students enter to the website they are faced plenty of teachers each one with a picture and a Background and his specialty .

Can you give me more tips to follow in order to set up a strong virtual english tutoring business .

Note that i am afraid to hear maybe some students saying : we don't need a virtual english teacher because there are plenty of useful tutoring videos in youtube and a tons of websites that teach english without a fee .

So please how can i face all these arguments . Because i want to start and be the famous online english teaching in my country, and concerning advertisement i will personaly distribute flyers to the entire population of my city starting by schools . colleges. Universities .....

Also i have the second plan which states that :

I work as a representant for a famous online english turoring in my country , and by this way i already found things set up : i mean website and all staff in it , and this time it will be the company website that i am represented .
    And finally do you think that i Will need an office ??.

Please correct me and give me your feedbacks.

Thanks a lot

peacelover20, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  7. Kaspi

Kaspi Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely try to look for teachers from Morocco, because:

1) they will be cheaper,
    2) they probably don't have to be "perfect" in English to teach basics (majority of your students will be beginners I suppose),
    3) they understand the differences between the native language of the students and English, because they've undergone the same learning - and that's valuable, because they can also explain things besides saying just how it works in English

My personal tips, English is not my original language.

Kaspi, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  8. Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is a script at codecanyon for this. It's cheap but I don't remember the name, since you really want it then I'm pretty sure you can find it there. Good luck.

Floyd Arthur

Floyd Arthur, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you considered replicating the Brazilian experiment?

If you could reach out to occupational therapists working in resthomes you would probably only need one or two homes to make your english school work and retired people will be cheaper than people relying on the income.

sarahk, Nov 18, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, @sarahk that is really cool. As a complement to some sort of formal training, it would be very effective. A better "language lab" than sitting in a room with headphones listening to French tapes in between lectures (like I did in college to get through, painfully, my language requirement.)

Perhaps that could be the "live" part of the offering which would be complemented by some taped lectures. Have a video series that people watch online to learn the nuts and bolts of English and then use the Brazilian model for the "lab work."

jrbiz, Nov 18, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  11. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    as you have been advised, the rest house would do great for your business but dont try to focus on international. first start locally to test the waters, and if the business brings good returns then you can seek more service providers international. Local is also cheaper for a new business. Thank pou and all the best

kimanierick, Nov 19, 2015 IP