1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eMeeting - please give advice, comments or general feedback

Discussion in 'Scripts' started by kudgel, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello there, first post.

I've been shopping for quite a while. What, you may ask? Well, a dating script. And it is very difficult to narrow it down to one choice. Now, I have two. The first one is eMeeting and the other is vldPersonals. This thread is about the former.

eMeeting looks almost too good, and that's my problem. The one feature that really made me suspicious is, taken from http://www.datingscripts.co.uk/dating-software/Dating-Software-Features/ , "Plugin Userplane Chat!" "live text and audio/video communication for your online community". Isn't that like...too much? I mean, they are selling the software 95 British Pounds, which isn't much. And what happens exactly? The scripts streams flash and audio from Userplane? And if their website is down, mine too (userplane)?

Other things that make me think it's not legit is the absence of forums, at least public ones. Also, one of the websites in their showcase, "sugarbabes.com" (http://www.datingscripts.co.uk/images/clients/13_big.jpg, http://www.datingscripts.co.uk/dating-software/Dating-Software-Customers/)
    isn't even using the script, it's a model agency. Strange. The website at its right, en-choeur, isn't working. Granted, that may not be their fault, but that does not inspire confidence, I asked myself "do they check these?". In fact, I didn't verify every single website in their showcase, but I just did with a couple more and "cowtownconnections.com" isn't working either <_<

So, if you already bought and used eMeeting, you are welcome to write comments, be them good or bad. Is it recommended (for a start-up, keep this in mind, it's NOT a transfer). How is the support? Is it easily customized? How would you rate it, on a scale to 1 (i've been robbed) to 10 (it's a steal)?

Thanks community!

Side story ; I had once considered ABK-soft, like many of you I guess. Though, as I was investigating, I found it's a scam or something fishy. That's why I'm very cautiously optimistic about eMeeting (I know VLD is 100% legit).

kudgel, May 17, 2008 IP
  2. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    I think you need not worry that much. If you like the demo, just go for it. Anyways, you will need to get a new skin(if you want to have a distictive feel), some customization etc. which requires work from a programmer and designer unless you can do it your self. If you get a good script you can survive without even support - just hire a freelancer for any custom work or modification. Support is not going to customize it for you anyway.

Userplane chat is as they rightly mention, just a "plug in". They dont provide you the chat facility, userplane does it for you. useplane as you know is now owned by AOL and is pretty stable. They provide the service to industry leaders, they must be having a redundant, scalable system being a million+ USD company. You can either pay the monthly fees or get the ad supported version.

alemcherry, May 17, 2008 IP
  3. kudgel

kudgel Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great input, it's very appreciated.

kudgel, May 18, 2008 IP
  4. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its such a disaster out there with all these dating scripts.... I have literally tried half a dozen of them and spent hundreds if not already a few thousand.... It will all depend on what you need the script to do... My favourites are:

phpfox - for something simple (their payment system is not very advanced)
    datingpro by pilot group - for something more advanced (although it took me a while to get everything online i am very happy with the result....

Now Im looking for something super simple... But again I'm looking at everything there is and its somehow numbing because you have no idea whats what... And the reviews, trust me Ive seen it all, from good to terrible... But neither you really know if you can trust....

giorgioarmani, May 20, 2008 IP
  5. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually I've never used emeeting.
    But their site looks fine to me. I use vldPersonals and osDate.
    And I must confess that it is very hard the right dating script.
    There are so many things that we couldn't consider. Sometimes we can't even emagine the problems which your memebers will face.
    The most annoying problem is usability. You buy dating script with lots of features and your members just don't feel comfortable on your dating site, because there are so many stuff ;)
    So I think that highly customizable script is what I need, because I will be able to fix that errrors/things.
    If emeeting is customizable and not encoded you can give it a try.
    :)

Totally agree

inatmo, May 20, 2008 IP
  6. Datjvs

Datjvs Guest

Best Answers:
    May be you should also have a look at PG Dating Pro Software.

Datjvs, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  7. kudgel

kudgel Member

Best Answers:
    Nice spam haha!

kudgel, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  8. AlonsoDC

AlonsoDC Guest

Best Answers:
    This company is run by a well-known scammer English scammer Mark Fail. BEWARE!!! You have been warned.

AlonsoDC, Jun 18, 2008 IP
  9. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which company?

giorgioarmani, Jun 19, 2008 IP
  10. Allenn

Allenn Guest

Best Answers:
    emeeting
    I AM PLANING TO FILE A SUIT AGAINST THEM!

Allenn, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. hookmeup

hookmeup Peon

Best Answers:
    My online dating software tip.....Dont but it overseas......buy local and be sure they have 1st class support. I made the mistake of buying online dating software overseas and its taken me 12 months to get it where it should have been 9 months ago.....what a nightmare

hookmeup, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  12. treedraw

treedraw Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe you could tell us more about your accusations against this man..?

treedraw, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hmph, I have been attempting to knock up some preliminary stuff for the dating site in my footer.

I have had a range of issues from crappy table laden code to major design and usability issues. I have seen pg dating pro but did not want to spend that much as I will be completely dismantling it anyway. Once this is done I will be able to properly test and storyboard the website and write proper standards compliant code internally in php or better yet Ruby in this case.

A few days ago I found emeeting 8.0 I think it is. In terms of the design and the general notion of getting from point A to point B for the user, I liked it better than some other stuff.

So, sometime this afternoon I shot off an email to the emeeting folks because a range of links don't work on their site. Most noteworthy, the rebranding stuff. I wanted to know what it costs. I also inquired if it was open source as I will be completely retooling it.

About 5 minutes ago I got the following response from a Mark Fail(?) who I can't seem to really Google.

"Hello Nigel,
    The software is 95% open source, only the admin area is encrypted to protect your license key.

We offer an unbranded license for £50 extra."
    -----邮件原件-----
    发件人: Nigel [mailto:eek:ffice@xxxx.com]
    发送时间: 07 August 2008 19:17
    收件人: markfail
    主题: Regarding software

So, I can live with his website pumping out some odd gibberish from the mail form, but he did not even leave a name, does not have a sig, and made no effort what so ever to sell me on it.

Following me so far folks? Where is the stuff like... Hello Nigel, thank you for your interest in Emeeting, we are happy to answer your question blah, blah, blah. At least bother me with some sort of poofy canned response.

Furthermore, why do I need to protect my own lic.key.

That said, I am guessing I am screwed again. How can I add better stats, a real world credit card processor, and admin functionality if I can't access that code.

osdate thus far is the only clear open source solution, but it is really cluttered, appears to have one guy trying to fix stuff and so on. I am on the test group for the next build which has been pretty interesting and I am happy to report the new build that is about to get released is obscenely faster than the current build. It still however requires a complete overhaul to design something professional. At least by my standards.

At any rate, I would like to hear what folks have to say about this markfail. If the above poster has some sort of issue with that company, I would like some facts. You are somewhat obligated to do so since you chimed in about it. Feel free to pm the details if you are not comfortable with doing it publicly... but hey, you brought it up.

I, for whatever reason, find it quite odd that the better part of the dating script(writers) community are all at odds with one another. Really at odds for that matter.

@hookmeup said "buy local and be sure they have 1st class support. I made the mistake of buying online dating software overseas"

Uhh... what does that mean? "Buy local" I get that in general, but we are not talking about produce. If I am in England I should not buy something from a dev in the U.S.? There are some real studs in the UK and given their laws about accessibility you typically get proper code. Your statement strikes me as a bit culturally naive.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  14. oniix

oniix Peon

Best Answers:
    i have been looking at this script, too. i emailed some of the people on their example sites, trying to see what i could find out.

one thing that strikes me as weird about them, is that 1/2 their links are down on their website, there's no forum (i guess they took that down) & you can't email them, because their contact form is down (at least it is at this time).

so i'm guessing, if one were to purchase this software, you'd better pray that it works, because if it doesn't, you'll have just thrown your money down the toilet.

too bad, too. -_-

but, then again, i'm being pessimistic. if you have a website that uses emeeting, please post it, because i'd like to see what you've done with it & talk with you about how you like it, it's limitations or whatever. :)

oniix, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  15. theghost24

theghost24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly, What a magical guy this man is ... Me and my friend have only just purchased the emeeting software and this guy has helped us to the max the software is wicked to use and we had only a couple of tiny problems which mark sorted out straight away... I even messed around with things i should not of touched and Mark made right my mistakes...

I have purchased various types of dating scripts and this one turns out to be the best... !

In answer to his website datingscripts.co.uk Yes...There is infact a couple of links down... Big bloody deal...!!!! I recieved an email from Mark the other day saying they in the process of upgrading their datingscripts site.. ..

In a few words.. Mark Fail has been great to me.... I cannot see a scammer answering his emails straight away and has fixed errors I made at 4am in the bloody morning UK time... Come on chaps,,,,???

There is always a selected few people in this world that make peoples lives a mysery...

Keep up the hard work Mark..!!!

Lee

theghost24, Sep 25, 2008 IP
  16. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Nice "fake" spamming review.
    See your post count (1).
    You just create an account to recover the damage for your emeeting script.
    Nice try....

ilook, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  17. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Sugarbabes dot com is a "is a London based model agency".
    No dating script at all!
    Its fake!

ilook, Dec 12, 2008 IP
  18. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also hear lot of bad stories about Abledating/Ablespace/Etc. (abk soft).
    Stay away from them if you wont get scammed/fooled.
    Also Alstrasoft (Alstrasoft dot com) are real scammers.
    They steal others scripts and sell them as their own, plus their scripts are full of leaks (SQL injections, XSS vulnerabilities, etc.)
    Search in g00gle yourself if you wont believe me.:rolleyes:

ilook, Dec 13, 2008 IP
  19. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Youre welcome :)
    About Boonex Dolphin, there are different opinions.
    Some people say it is very bugsensitive and some people really like it (to buy the Ad free versions is just $99, very cheap thats right)
    About PHPFox, all people talking good about it.
    I have a PHPFox license myself and i have to be honest, their support is absolutely great.
    Always polite and helpful (although sometimes i have to wait for 4 days for a reply, but ok).
    PHPFox have a big community and customised mods for sale ($10 - $150 each).
    The only bad thing i can say about PHPFox is that its used by too many websites already, thatyou cant call your website "unique" anymore, so your new members might think "Oh again, another PHPFox website!".

I also have a license from DZOIC Handshakes but i will not recommend it anymore.
    Their support is absolutely dramatic.
    About 3 months ago they locked their forum as well, so people who are not a customer cant see the bad feedback and complains.
    After you buy a license and give your customer ID and url in your forum account youll be surprised about the negative talks and complains.
    The support team dont even reply on most.

Customers who own a Cliphouse license is the same story.

You can buy a cheap license from a company, but do you get a good support?
    I asked Boonex to code a small payment module for me.
    They offer me to do it for $2000 AUS!!
    For just a small payment module.
    But ok, enough about that :).

There is another one, Social Engine (socialengine dot net) but beware.
    Its expensive (included all essential modules $540) and you are NOT allowed to sell your license!!! :confused:

ilook, Dec 14, 2008 IP
    e96 likes this.
  20. KoneyIslander

KoneyIslander Banned

Best Answers:
    AbleDating by ABK-Soft is a very good software script. It is so good that there are special people hired to live on the forums like this (Socialnetworker, ilook, etc., just check all their posts) to pour dirt on the software, but what is good, they can not name any facts. All the bugs that were there in 2007 have already been got rid of. There are thousands of sites created with AbleDating, and you can see them at http://www.abledatingsites.com
    There are thousands of rather happy customers, although not of them will ever achive grand success: http://www.abledatingreview.com
    There is a design department that consists of several professional designers http://www.abledating-designs.com and http://www.abkdesign.com
    There is a 3D City department (somewhere in Dania I suppose) that creates 3D City for the software, http://www.3d-city.net
    There is a professional helpcenter that is available at http://abledating.helpserve.com 24/7

And there is a very cool feature in development, called Sitesman: http://www.abk-soft.com/forum/viewtopic.html?t=1536

And there is Socialnetworker and his closest friend ilook who find the fact that both of them have too short cocks a rather good reason to be friends and do their best trying to spoil reputation of a decent software script. Maybe not ideal of course, but VERY good.

KoneyIslander, Feb 3, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.