1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Embedding New Google Map

Discussion in 'Google API' started by Poon Poi Ming, Mar 19, 2014.

I am having problems with the new Google map. The old version allows me to remove the obstructive box, using iwloc=false, but not anymore. Does Google now insist that users must go to their Google Map page to view their map?

http://india.jbdirectory.com/Maldives

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Poon Poi Ming, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  2. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your current example (link) does not render any map... can you please provide your implementation example and what exactly you are trying to achieve ?

I can provide a standard Google Maps API example if you want (in Javascript)... but be more specific on your request.

Cheers,
    S.

shmekerosu, May 5, 2014 IP
  3. Poon Poi Ming

Poon Poi Ming Active Member

Best Answers:
    Shmekerosu, thanks for your reply. I was trying to use &iwloc=false to remove that box that is blocking the display of my embedded Google map in my website. Before Google came out with its new format, this can be done, but not anymore. Nowadays, to view the map, you must go to Google Map page itself.

This is an example of the new map. Can you see the box blocking the map? You simply can't navigate the map in my website anymore: http://did-you-know.jbdirectory.com/New_York_City

Poon Poi Ming, May 5, 2014 IP
  4. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to the map square on the right side of the website in your link ? If yes, I see a small rectangle with some options on the top of the map but when I click anywhere on the map this closes and I can move the map and zoom in, looks fine to me (with or without the rectangle)...

Maybe it is a browser issue or a local problem on your computer. I tested in Firefox and Chrome and looks fine :p

5. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much, Shmekerosu. Seems like I never click on the map! What I did was used the +/- key and the box still stayed there, obstructing my view. That solves my problem, after all these weeks. Phew!!!! Now, I really look stupid, LOL.

6. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    No worries, I am glad I could help... Likes are always welcome :p

Take care,
    S.

Poon Poi Ming likes this.
  7. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Shmekerosu, you really saved me a lot of anxiety. Embedding the map is very helpful, if viewers can view it on my website and I was always wondering whether I should continue to embed it with the new format. Interestingly, I have received so much help from this website, even though I am not active. That makes me rethink whether I should be participating in this forum more actively, hahaha.

shmekerosu likes this.
  8. shmekerosu

shmekerosu Active Member

Best Answers:
    You are right, it is a great place to find solution to your problems... It is also about of sharing and giving something back when possible, helping others directly or with your experience.

So keep up the posting work and good luck with your sites.

Cheers mate!
    S.

Poon Poi Ming likes this.