1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

*** Embed Proxy is Here! - Now You Can Run Proxies On Free or Shared Hosting! ***

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sullmoney, Feb 26, 2007.

1. iluminatus

iluminatus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When i try this with FrontPage express i get a login window...

iluminatus, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  2. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not like this couldn't be done ages ago by changing a form proccess.. If I changed all my 7 proxies to this your server(s) would crash in minutes.

crazyryan, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  3. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never said this couldn't have been done until now, but I am the first person to actually do it. You seem to be doing well with your proxies, good job I guess...

Sullmoney, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  4. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Grow up login, and go flame someone else. My comment was not stupid, it was a valid point, the offer is to drive traffic to Sullmoney's server and all it offers by way of ads is the statement:
    "To continue your browsing, please use one of these great proxies below:"
    with a list of proxies none of which include the originating site directly below.

Now is Sullmoney entitled to do this: yes. Is it an attempt to steal traffic: yes. Call it take/ advertise whatever you what, read the statement it presents, the net affect of using this service is that your visitors are told to use other sites other than your own to continue surfing.

Personally though login, good on Sullmoney for giving it a go, it's a clever idea that deserves credit, and yes, in providing such as service Sullmoney is entitled to get something in return. I'm also trialling it with one of my sites (out of over 60 proxies) so I intend of giving it my own personal assessment at a later date after having used the service, unlike you login, who is nothing more that a troll and a joke. You should be careful with your intelligence login, the lack of it really shows with comments such as these.

nnet, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  5. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, I hit a weak spot, ok, go to your mother and cry.
    Sullmoney is not stealing. How can you call it stealing ? Stealing is criminal. Its you who embed his code on your site with the full knowledge of how it works. And even then you say that he want to steal ? I think you have to call an english teacher and learn the meaning of the word stealing.

login, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  6. gder01

gder01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd have to agree w/ login.

Sull is offering a choice. By implementing his code, you will both gain and lose something.

It depends on the user what is more important; the web hosting fees, or traffic on your proxified pages. If you cant afford the fees, you may want to use this code. If your proxified pages generate good income and are vital to you, you shouldn't.

I am very glad you are useing this code on one of you proxys nnet. I would be eager to see how it affects your numbers. I would like to start a proxy, and all the discussion here is very important and useful to a noob like me.

Keep it up guys!

gder01, Feb 28, 2007 IP
    login likes this.
  7. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Sullmoney is looking to steal/ take/ appropriate what ever you want to call it traffic to his own proxies/ advertisers, try using the service and check the header out on the proxied pages. To steal is not necessarily criminal, and as I've already written login if you were capable of either understanding or even reading English, he is more than entitled to AND I've also noted that what hes set up is indeed a clever idea...to the point that unlike you login I'm even using the service, so indeed my actions speak far louder than any of your words.

As for weak spots, instead of entering what could have been an interesting conversation, you're the one who started throwing the names around sport. Go ask your mother to give you your medicine before school starts again today and leave the rest of us in peace.

nnet, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  8. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    so we agree. Sull is after benefits to his own proxies and advertisers by placing statements on the proxied pages indicating that users must visit those sites to continue surfing. Simply he is trying to steal/ appropriate/ gain/ take what ever you want to call it, your visitors. Simply a matter of quid pro quo, and there's nothing wrong with that at all. All eyes are open to all parties in terms of a cost/benefit analysis. I'd previously made my first comment about this because I'd feel better about the service if it was running ads which weren't trying to take away my traffic. Personal choice and I still stand by that, but I've never ONCE said that Sull can't run these sort of ads.

I've simply flipped my proxy box on an existing proxy across to Sulls box. Honestly my biggest concern is Sull's backend: basically will my visitors be served well. So far so good. PM me in a week and I'll let you know how it's going.

nnet, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  9. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes he will "steal" some of your traffic. But you are getting a service, and there is no such thing as a free lunch. It's fair enough to me.

I added you to msn :)

Also, does anyone have an example of what it looks like on their site?

rochow, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  10. nnet

nnet Peon

Best Answers:
    Now I'm convinced nearly every word I've typed is being ignored. I agree fully. Note to login, rchow agrees with me.

nnet, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  11. login

login Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am sorry to see that your intelligence is not great enough to see my point. My point is about the word steal, thats it. Somebody that steals is a thief. Here on DP you do not say that somebody is stealing if you do not mean that they are thiefs. I have never denied that Sullmoney will take advantage of your proxy users, off course he will, thats his motivation to do this. He is not doing charity. And you see, I agree with rochow of course, he put the word steal with "" - "steal". Its a totally different meaning than without the "". I suggest that you read your first post again and you will discover that it was too rude.

login, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  12. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    nnet. I don't know why you are tying to give people the impression that I am some devious, knieving trickster out to steal traffic from proxy owners. There are sponsored ads on the frame, Im not trying to hide that fact. Its how I will pay for hosting fees. If you have a suggestion on how I should run this service, you can always send me an email.

Sullmoney, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  13. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My main concern is that your host may go down due to overloading

rochow, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  14. Sohan

Sohan Peon

Best Answers:
    Same.

Let me put it this way:

You can't be sure when a large proxy will use your service. Say me and my friends and our networks used your service. Your site will over load very fast. We need many servers to keep our selves up, and from what I see, your only on one server.

I'm guessing you would get a reboot on your server, but when it's back up, you'd get a traffic spike again from the sites.

Also, if this happend, it would cause down time for every one else.

It's a good idea over all, if it's structured right.

I reccomend a HA Cluster IMO.

~Sohan

Sohan, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  15. rochow

rochow Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

Or have to *hide* the code, and give access only to a certain amount of people... to try and limit the usage so it doesn't crash unexpectedly

That's the only way I can think of having some control over it. I think people would respect that... most of them atleast :)

rochow, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  16. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your concern Sohan, but at the moment I am doing fine as far as servers go. That being said, if you do run a large proxy site/network and plan on trying out embedproxy, it would be great if you could contact me, so we can prepare for this.

There are currently a bunch of available spots left for links on the frame. The price for one of these links is only $5/week. One of the sites listed is recieving over 220 visitors/day from just one link. This is a potential 1500+ visitors for only $5.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

Sullmoney, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  17. omidse

omidse Peon

Best Answers:
    once i had the same thing like yours
    but dear Sullmoney
    check this
    http://www.embedproxy.com/go/index.php?q=bXlzcGFjZS5jb20=&hl=0

or try your proxy
    it dosent allo do download anything _Jpeg,gif,..._maybe the links you put there dont allow images to load _i had the same prob that my ADs were conflicting the whole PHProxy codes_
    so whats the benefit , you dont need a great server
    as not much bandwidth would be gone (max 100 mg)

omidse, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  18. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    I'm using a lot more than 100 meg buddy.

Sullmoney, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  19. omidse

omidse Peon

Best Answers:
    more than 100mg

so if this proxy dosent allow pics and Downloads
    so?
    whats its use?
    my proxy sites had about 5-8 gig transfer a day (3000-4000 hits)

anyways it seems cool if you could do that

greets

omidse, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  20. Sullmoney

Best Answers:
    I know of one person in particular who made $12 yesterday running proxies from FREE webhosts using embedproxy. Just thought I would throw that in here.

Sullmoney, Mar 1, 2007 IP
    omidse likes this.