1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Embed in Branded Site or Create New Site?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by LBohen, Jun 27, 2017.

I have a client who is starting to sell a new product which is related to his other website that has considerable brand identity but no ecommerce. The new product will target a new customer type (wholesale buyers) with website ordering. The client asks, should I embed the new product into my current website or should the new product have a standalone website with its own unique domain name?

I have recommended that the new product have a presence on the branded site with a top level menu tab linking to the new product's ecommerce site.

Since the new product is related to the products he sells on his branded site, he is asking if his branded site domain name should be part of the domain name for the new site. Will the established branding benefit the new site?

I would appreciate your thoughts.

LBohen, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  2. intellect29

intellect29 Member

Best Answers:
    embed the new product into client current website work good. New domain take time for establishment

intellect29, Jun 27, 2017 IP
  3. outofbandii

outofbandii Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wholesale customers are used to going to a private, behind the scenes part of a consumer-focused website. Think of a trade show website - they often focus on selling tickets to attendees, but they also have a section for exhibitors to book a stand, usually not the primary focus of the site.

outofbandii, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  4. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The domain name of the new site should be related to the branded domain site and this will classify the importance of both products. Yes the new site will be benefited from the branded site due to exposures.

KylieSweet, Jun 29, 2017 IP
  5. 0charles

0charles Active Member

Best Answers:
    always try to create new sites

0charles, Jul 5, 2017 IP