1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Verification and Zombie Emails

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ChrisHeggem, Mar 12, 2012.

I was wondering how many of you use e-mail verification to reduce the amount of bad e-mails you have on your lists. Hard bounces and invalid e-mails can really hurt sender reputation, but on top of that I recently learned about Zombie e-mails. They look real and valid but really aren't connected to a real human being (think abandoned webmail or a fake email account people create for spam).

Interested in learning what strategies you all use to keep a clean list. Also, found an interesting blog post from a company that helps fight off zombie e-mails.

ChrisHeggem, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  2. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say email varification is very important as I have always used it. I would say its important for people to validate their email, but it also adds another step in the process. To you purge a lot?

MikeLugar, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  3. Altaire

Altaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Email verification is important and I always had it in place. No point in sending an email to a non-existent person. Generally If you run your own subscriber list you won't really have to deal with an zombie emails as verification will take care of that.

As for getting rid of zombie emails in a list that you already have I don't see any other possibilities besides the one from briteverify that you posted.

Altaire, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  4. cynia

cynia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Email Verification protects your deliverability, protects your sender reputation and helps you make sure that you only collect proper email addresses.
    Especially when checking email collection at source

cynia, Dec 13, 2018 IP
  5. Alextheg

Alextheg Banned

Best Answers:
    If you collect emails on regular basis with double opt-in then you don't need to worry about zombie emails or spam emails, but if you purchase email list then its mandatory to get that email list verified by email verification software. Infect if you have collected email list by asking for signup from your website or social media handles, its still necessary to verify email list. It prevents you from sending emails to typo and fake emails, and save your money if you are using email marketing platform.

Alextheg, Jan 15, 2020 IP