1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email SYNC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by adda4u, Jan 13, 2012.

Hi,

I m using Hostgator as my webhost and now i m going to purchase the Business version from Google Apps to use Gmail as my exchange client. I have so many emails in the Hostgator server is there any option to sync them into Google apps email?

Please explain incase if there is any option.

adda4u, Jan 13, 2012 IP
  2. faik123

faik123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Syncing E-Mail
    It’s a common problem: You have Microsoft Outlook at work, a different e-mail program at home, and a smartphone in your pocket, all with independent inboxes and outboxes. Ideally, all your devices should communicate, so that when you receive or reply to a message on one, it’s reflected on all of them. But they don’t do that.

Fortunately, there’s a simple solution. It’s called Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP for short), and it allows for two-way communication between your e-mail account and your PCs. That means whatever program or computer you use to access your e-mail, you’ll always see the same thing. There are several ways to set it up, but the easiest is to use Gmail, Google’s free e-mail service, which recently added IMAP support. And because Gmail can pull messages from most existing e-mail accounts, it’s a cinch to route everything to one inbox.

faik123, Jan 14, 2012 IP