1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Service Tied in With Webhosting Package

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by jasontn, Dec 2, 2016.

Does anyone use the emails that come with web-hosting packages as opposed to one from a free email service? What are the pros and cons? Of course, with any email service it seems like they accept some email, but some places don't get thru.

jasontn, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  2. Andrew Shaw

Andrew Shaw Member

Best Answers:
    There are many advantages to using email hosted by your web-host.
    Multiple email accounts (an account for each member of staff), forwarders (roles mapping to users, or groups of users), autoresponders ("Thank for you email" or "I'm on holiday until the 19th").

You are in control (a member of staff leaves, you can switch off the account / change the password).

Your host backs up your mail, in case you delete an important message. (Look for an R1Soft host)

Andrew Shaw, Mar 13, 2017 IP
  3. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it is a good idea to separate email and website hosting. This way any issues with your website don't affect your email service.

thexyz, Nov 10, 2017 IP
  4. WHRDb

WHRDb Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify are you speaking about the email you use when signing up for hosting or email accounts associated with your domain once you are hosted?

I will answer both.

I personally use a gmail account for signing up for any services. That way I always know I have access to that account.

When it comes to using email associated with your domain and thus are under your hosting package, I prefer to use these emails when corresponding with clients. The main reason is I believe it looks more professional to have a email to a client coming from your domain, instead of from gmail or yahoo. I have these emails forwarded to my gmail account, where I can still respond from the original email address.

Also, many hosts offer gmail now so you can still enjoy all the features of Google's mail with your personalized email address.

WHRDb, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  5. WHRDb

WHRDb Member

Best Answers:
    Just to clarify are you speaking about the email you use when signing up for hosting or email accounts associated with your domain once you are hosted?

I will answer both.

I personally use a gmail account for signing up for any services. That way I always know I have access to that account.

When it comes to using email associated with your domain and thus are under your hosting package, I prefer to use these emails when corresponding with clients. The main reason is I believe it looks more professional to have a email to a client coming from your domain, instead of from gmail or yahoo. I have these emails forwarded to my gmail account, where I can still respond from the original email address.

Also, many hosts offer gmail now so you can still enjoy all the features of Google's mail with your personalized email address.

WHRDb, Nov 14, 2017 IP
  6. harry_v

harry_v Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That is absolutely sufficient for a small organization looking for few email accounts. Generally, most of the hosting packages comes with few numbers of email accounts. You will have a web mail interface from where you can manage your accounts, perform mail send/receive, set forwarders and much more.

The Hosting package (Shared hosting package with affordable cost), I am using allows me to create 150 email accounts. I can send 500 emails per day and it has lots of options which is sufficient for my requirement.

The limitation is only that it may allow you to create limited number of emails and limited number of outgoing emails.

harry_v, Nov 21, 2017 IP