1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing solution - What are you using?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jeremyfe, Nov 13, 2017.

Hi all,

I just launched my blog and am considering sending a newsletter. I would like to know what email platform you are using?

I have heard of Mailjet, do you have any feedback on this solution?

Or any other propositions?

jeremyfe, Nov 13, 2017 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I use phplist.com and it is cheap and works well for me.

jrbiz, Nov 13, 2017 IP
  3. Madilyn Abbie

Madilyn Abbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I use GetResponse, as it’s one of the most user-friendly solutions you’ll find. It’s not free, but you get decent value for your money — responsive newsletters, landing page creation, autoresponders and more.

Madilyn Abbie, Dec 18, 2017 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with Aweber if you are doing affiliate marketing. Otherwise Mailchimp would be a great option for you. You can send emails to 2000 subscribers for free and later you can upgrade. So, it will be a great deal for you.

iwebsocial, Dec 19, 2017 IP
  5. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    I currently use Aweber. They have seamless integration into Wordpress, or..... you can custom create your own Aweber opt-in webform, and then place the form wherever you want on your blog pages. The latter option requires some super basic computer HTML skills though.

Randall Magwood, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  6. vectors

vectors Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am using personal newsletter from the wordpress plugins, opt in plugins and mailchimp by which I am able to get 3k + subscribers :)

vectors, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  7. REPLYFT

REPLYFT Peon

Best Answers:
    AWEBER, Mailchimp, SendGrid, GetResponse, etc.

REPLYFT, Jan 11, 2018 IP
  8. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been using MailChimp for a long time now. It has pre-designed templates or you can customize your own. Never used any other but heard good things about aweber also.

Bella Lopez, Jan 15, 2018 IP
  9. Madilyn Abbie

Madilyn Abbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I’ve recently switched to GetResponse from MailChimp, and so far I haven’t looked back.

Madilyn Abbie, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  10. Piterdager

Piterdager Peon

Best Answers:
    phplist is a really an excellent service, I have been using it for a very long time, there are no complaints

Piterdager, Feb 5, 2018 IP
  11. June H.

June H. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with what many others have said here — GetResponse is my favorite.
    It has all the features I need, and the user-friendly interface is made for people like me.

June H., Feb 5, 2018 IP
  12. TheMadMarketer

TheMadMarketer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same situation as yours, I'm testing Mailchimp at the moment and is working fine. Will update you on how it goes after I start getting some more traffic and subscribers.

TheMadMarketer, Feb 6, 2018 IP
  13. 3936296

3936296 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sendblaster4 and Maxbulk mailer are better.

3936296, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  14. Vito Sinopoli

Vito Sinopoli Peon

Best Answers:
    Is Mailchimp good for landing page creation as well? I'm totally new at this and can't decide which software to go with that won't cost a fortune, I was thing Conversion Pros, but at $50 a month, plus upsells inside for auto responder and who knows what else, I just want an all in one software package, thats good for beginners. I don't mind spending more on a more professional system if I actually start making money.

Thanks!

Vito Sinopoli, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  15. YTZ International

YTZ International Member

Best Answers:
    If you have remnant traffic off your email traffic, make sure you implement a code to redirect them to Smart Link! YTZ actually has an Email Smart Link that can increase your bottom margin by 10%!

YTZ International, Feb 8, 2018 IP
  16. Aurora_USA

Aurora_USA Member

Best Answers:
    Here are some questions to ask when evaluating an email marketing platform.
    1. Autoresponder: You should be able to send a timed series of messages automatically. The series could be just a brief intro to your company, a multi-part course, or a series to provide new readers with a few months (or even a few years) of evergreen content.
    2. Video/Audio: Does the service support video and audio publishing? If so, can you store content files on their server, or do you need buy storage elsewhere? What are the costs of storage?
    3. API: What other platforms are they integrated with? It’s a real time saver if you can automatically update contacts from Salesforce, LinkedIn, Outlook, Gmail, etc.
    4. Templates: If you have your own coder and graphic designer, create your own sign-up forms and email layouts. Otherwise you’ll need to use built-in templates. Sign up for their trial version to see if you can find a “look” that is right for your industry.
    5. Deliverability: Your email can wind up in the SPAM folder if your email provider allows spammers to degrade the reputation of their URL. They should have relationships with all the major ISPs, such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! Mail, Aol. In addition, they should subscribe to services dedicated to fighting SPAM, such as Return Path, Litmus, Port 25, SpamHaus and Apache Software Foundation’s SpamAssassin.
    6. Analytics, Split-Testing and Segmentation: Marketing is a testing game, and they should provide the tools to analyze your results and segment your list for laser-targeted campaigns.
    7. Innovation: Does the service support techniques such as QR Codes, social media integration, iPhone apps, etc.
    8. Product Support: Last but not least, can you get somebody on the phone when you get stuck or have a question?

Aurora_USA, Feb 11, 2018 IP
  17. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations on starting your own blog!

That is the smartest decision you can make this year! I'm telling ya!

I, personally, use GetResponse. They are user friendly and have a lot of useful features. They also give you guidance on how to build up your email list. And on top of that, they have an amazing affiliate program. I'd highly recommend them!

Hope this helps! :)

Snoopy240, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  18. shakiba.proba

shakiba.proba Active Member

Best Answers:
    MailChimp is good option for newbie or practice of email marketing without free of cost...

shakiba.proba, Mar 1, 2018 IP
  19. ridem

ridem Member

Best Answers:
    Mailchimp for free for up to 2000 email addresses.

Also installed phplist on a VPS for fore than 2000 email addresses.

I find Mailchimp pricing of $55 / month for 5001 emaill addresses way to expensive.

ridem, Mar 5, 2018 IP
  20. dlassociates

dlassociates Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Constant Contact. Before, I felt like it was meh. Yet, they recently updated their email marketing platform and now I love it. It's worth a try!

dlassociates, Mar 6, 2018 IP