1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing script that uses MySQL for its email content?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by electroze, Jun 7, 2013.

I send emails, based on a mysql query of email content. It's a continuous story that people sign up to receive, and it emails them a chapter at a time. The problem I have is I use a php mail command for it and delivery rates is low, and boucebacks are not handled.

Does anyone know of an email marketing solution or free script that allows or can be easily customized to query mysql for the content of the emails? ..so it handles email bouncebacks, uses modern techniques for highest delivery rates, etc?

electroze, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    phpList will manage your lists, delivery, bounces etc but you may need to code something to generate the email body itself.

I'm using Mandrill to handle delivery and have custom written the email builder so that I can have exactly that type of control. Not a huge amount of work.

sarahk, Jun 7, 2013 IP
  3. MayurGondaliya

MayurGondaliya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all change php mail function with phpmailer classes. That is pretty standard and follow email standards. you can use DKIM signing functionality of phpmailer to improve delivery rates. Furthermore, you can properly setup SPF records properly for the from domain.

Making a simple bounce processor is really easy. you just need to make use of php imap, check for received bounces, parse the email content out there and take according actions at your email addresses tables at mysql.

I believe making a new bounce processor will be easier than modifying the phplist ones. Because, there will be the stuffs that you don't need. Also, you have custom tables for email contents.

good luck.

MayurGondaliya, Jun 8, 2013 IP