1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Marketing Database

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by misterdonman, Nov 17, 2017.

Hello guys, hope everyone is having a great week!

I'm creating this thread to find some help/suggestions on how to proceed with the following situation.

One of the sales reps in my company got a hold of an awesome database but none of the emails in it actually opted-in to receive emails from us. Now, one of the most important things in email marketing is that the emails in any list must have opted-in, but I don't wanna waste this database and I don't wanna go against any email policies.

What do you guys suggest me to do with this predicament?

I appreciate your comments! :)

misterdonman, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You know you have no choice but to "waste this database".
    It's not yours to use and I'd be questioning the ethics of your sales rep and checking what else he's cutting corners on...

sarahk, Nov 17, 2017 IP
  3. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're right on this one, thanks for your help! :D

misterdonman, Nov 18, 2017 IP
  4. zakk747

zakk747 Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should just throw away this database. There are still few ways on how you can use it.

1. The first one is to use these email addresses for Facebook Retargetting. Create an audience with this email addresses and target your ads to them.
    2. Add some of these guys (or all of them if the database is not that big) to your email address book and then sync it with your Linkedin account to reach them directly with messages or with your posts.
    3. You can cold-contact them via email, and it will not be considered as spam according to policies if you follow few rules - you should mention in the subject or body that this is a promotional email, you should have an Unsubscribe option, and you should write your contact details including the corporate address in the end of the email. (these are the rules of Can Spam Act, 2004).

zakk747, Nov 28, 2017 IP
  5. abbieabbey6

abbieabbey6 Peon

Best Answers:
    @zakk747 suggestion is great one, I also have a database which is purchased. Thanks zakk747 will follow your tips. :)

abbieabbey6, Nov 30, 2017 IP
  6. JoaoFerreira

JoaoFerreira Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I think you can stay with your DB and making some updating.
    1st - send an e-mail marketing e-shot saying that the company will built a new DB and they can add to the new one, maybe offering a new e-book or something cool ( think the bussiness and who is your target ...)
    From there you have things.
    1- The New Ones
    2- Read and dont click
    3- Old Ones - Errors and dont read

So.. pick the ones from the 2 and send another e-mail remember that they will miss the news oportunities, invite again but give them some time to breath ;)

and then... you have your new list.

Hope it help.

Keep the good job.

JoaoFerreira, Nov 30, 2017 IP
  7. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips man! Awesome!

misterdonman, Dec 7, 2017 IP
  8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brandon Sheley, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  9. Sean Gugerty

Sean Gugerty Active Member

Best Answers:
    The obstacle that I have faced thus far with email marketing has never been acquiring new emails, but rather detrimental constriction on ones ability to dump emails on people like a chain gun lol! That cursed bounce rate & Spam folder how it pains us so. Every marketer frustrated over an email campaign yet to come to fruition always pipe dreams spouting "SMS 90-95% open rate"

Now the benefactor of intermediate python, I have utilized PyGoogleVoice to successfully mass SMS an entire suffix on auto pilot lol. In conclusion Email is the way haha! Take this database and if you overcome the bounce rate obstacle, give them the opt out option but hit them with free rich mind blowing VALUE. The ones that engage will be your new clients!

Sean Gugerty, Apr 17, 2018 IP
  10. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    What data fields exist for each record?
    How big is the list?
    How old is it?
    Is it B2B or B2C?
    Is it targeted in some way?
    Why do you say it's awesome?

eMonetize, Apr 22, 2018 IP
  11. Katie180

Katie180 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would separate this database from your opted-in one.

As long as the list is targeted to your buyer persona, you can send a cold email campaign to send them an opt-in email.

A quick google search will help you find who allows sending to cold or purchased email lists.

Good luck!

Katie180, Jun 25, 2018 IP