1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email List

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by joshril, Mar 5, 2005.

Okay.. this is the last thread I'm gonna make today.. I promise! I have all sorts of ideas popping through my head! I'm currently doing a tip of the day that I'm archiving. Has anyone ever setup an email list to have the tip of the day emailed to them? I wonder if this is hard to implement or even worth the trouble....

joshril, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  2. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    I think a daily tip would be too much. People might start ignoring the email if they get it too often. A weekly or monthly newletter would probably be a better marketing strategy. I send out a monthly HTML letter with some decent content and maybe one or two text email in between if there is something important to let people know about.

I use bravnet just because I starting using it years ago and it was free up until 500 members. I am planning on switching to constant contact in the next few months.

justtara, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  3. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it'd be ok as long as it's specifically opt-in. In fact, though I'm generally not a fan of automails, that's the kind of thing I might consider signing up for ;) There's a lot of tips out there and a lot of them are extremely useful.

What kind of tips are we talking about?

davedx, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  4. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IMHO daily email is too much. I'd be ignoring if it was a daily email, but a weekly would be a good idea.

onestop, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  5. nohaber

nohaber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe anyone can send *high quality* daily newsletters. It's just impossible to write good stuff daily.

nohaber, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Monthly is the way to go.

I send out about 6,000 a month and get less than five "unsubscribes".

(although my emails are selling products, so it might be different.)

Crazy_Rob, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  7. davedx

davedx Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think he's talking about newsletters, more a simple "tip of the day". If it was simply a "tip of the day" and nothing else, I actually think it could be quite useful if it was relevant to what I do (i.e. computer tips)... although these days I'm more or less at the "power user" level and know many of those kind of tips, I still say they're damn useful to know! :)

davedx, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  8. dtan

dtan Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be careful if sending anything out everyday. . . a couple spam complaints and your host might suspend your account. . .

dtan, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  9. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    People do forget that they chose to sign up for email lists even when there is a double opted feature. Many of them don't get that all they need to do click on a link at the botton to unsub either. All it takes is one clueless person too to complain and have your domain shut down. This is part of the reason why 3 party email lists/newsletter program are good idea. They will go after them and not you.

justtara, Mar 14, 2005 IP
  10. joshril

joshril Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all of the feedback.. I'm will continue to post my tips of the day, but I am seriously considering starting forum about spyware, compuer problems, etc., on my site to promote involvement with everyone. Not to mention the promotion benefits of a forum that does well in the SERPs... Oh, and not to brag, but I'm very, very excited... I had my first day where I broke 700 visitors! Big day for me...lol

joshril, Mar 14, 2005 IP