1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email Editor

Discussion in 'C#' started by qq2, Dec 27, 2008.

i'm working on a asp project. now, the customer required for a send email function.

the email have a format include a image. and some variable need to display in the emial from the selected customer, something like address, name , email address, fee.

i need to come out email editor like the yahoo one, i send the default format report in to the text box, then the user can modify it. and then user can select to print out the email or send the emailll. the print out email or sent to customer email must in the correct format.

i'm no idea on how to do it. please someone help. thanks

qq2, Dec 27, 2008 IP
  2. aweb1234

aweb1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    What you need to do is create a textarea for them to edit the contents of the email (and you can add a wysiwyg editor) and then when they submit to send email you would send it. Which email component does your server support?

aweb1234, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  3. qq2

qq2 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for ur reply. now my project able to send email. which i hard coding the email content to txt box. then send. it's works. but problem is, that the txt box cannot format email content into different font size , and font color. the email should include header - bolder, sub title - under line. and right top with company logo. and the user also can modify the font size or color by self. just like the yaoo one or something like this forum reply to thread .. do you know how can i do that??

qq2, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  4. islandhopper8

islandhopper8 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should look at the open source text editor that you can use. FCKeditor is one that works good. I am using it in most of my projects now. Very easy to use. Just download the source code included into your project and you have now a webbase text editor.

islandhopper8, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  5. camjohnson95

camjohnson95 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The email needs be sent in HTML format. In order to allow the user to edit it you would need a control such as mentioned above, which displays to the user (bold, color etc.) but converts it to HTML which can then be sent as an email.

camjohnson95, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  6. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    olddocks, Dec 29, 2008 IP
  7. qq2

qq2 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for help. now i'm using openWYSIWYG to edit the email. but when i sending the html format text to email. it's showing blank if i add <html><head> tag. else it's just showing the html tags in email. why it's cannot reading my html tags? please help. thanks a lot

qq2, Dec 30, 2008 IP
  8. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    olddocks, Dec 31, 2008 IP
  9. qq2

qq2 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok.. thanks for help. now my things works.

qq2, Jan 1, 2009 IP
  10. rajendra.parmar

rajendra.parmar Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

you can Download it from any site

rajendra.parmar, Jan 2, 2009 IP