1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Eliminating "Page: " in pagination

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Ian, Jun 14, 2014.

Trying to customize the "Previous" and "Next" page links when I split up single posts with the <!--nextpage--> tag, but I'm wondering how to get rid of the "Page: " prefix that appears in front of those links. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

Ian, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hello,

it's better to provide a code or a theme you use.. Like that we can give a solution !

themes4all, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  3. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. I have the following in the "loop":
    <?php $pagination = wp_link_pages(array('next_or_number'=>'next', 'previouspagelink'=>'&laquo; PREVIOUS ', 'separator' => ' | ', 'nextpagelink'=>' CONTINUE READING &raquo;'));

?>
    PHP:
    Which outputs: Pages: « PREVIOUS | CONTINUE READING »

I'm just wondering where the "Pages: " is generated. The theme is a custom one I created a while ago based off of ModXBlog, not sure if that helps or not...

Ian, Jun 14, 2014 IP
  4. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    The function is defined here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_link_pages

So you would need to include an additional parameter in the array when you call it, to replace the default: 'before' => '<p>' . __( 'Pages:' )

Something like 'before' => '<p>' would do it, if you just want to get rid of the "Pages:" bit.

Hope it helps!

TIEro, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  5. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    TIEro guided you to the good place.. you are using the default wordpress wp_link_pages, you have to check your theme functions.php file and look for the code : 'before' => '<p>' . __( 'Pages:' ),
    and remove the Pages:

Otherwise you will have to check the post-template.php. but it's not Recommended to change the Wordpress Core Files.

themes4all, Jun 15, 2014 IP
  6. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    No need for that. He can just pass the parameter when he calls the function:

<?php $pagination = wp_link_pages(array('before'=>'<p>','next_or_number'=>'next', 'previouspagelink'=>'&laquo; PREVIOUS ', 'separator' => ' | ', 'nextpagelink'=>' CONTINUE READING &raquo;'));?>

TIEro, Jun 15, 2014 IP
    themes4all likes this.