1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Elementor vs WP Bakery - How Hard To Change? Chosen Theme Uses WPB

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by KENH999, Feb 1, 2021.

The theme we chose for my wife's new small business comes with WP Bakery. We like the theme, it fits her new business (firearms training for women). Have not purchased it yet. https://honor.ancorathemes.com

The theme has WP Bakery pre-installed. The theme is not installed yet. I will use a freelancer to do the WP theme install and some page setups.

Based on some early research I REALLY like Elementor vs. WPB. I'm betting some of ya'll prefer Elementor over WPB too. I found a few articles on replacing WPB with Elementor on running sites but not on a 'fresh' theme, WOW - looks like extensive work. Themerex has a $700 replacement service. Nope, can't afford that.

Any advice on my options?

1. How hard is it to replace WPB on a 'fresh' theme before any site setup is done?

2. Is it possible that the theme developer used WPB to build the theme? If so, then I guess a fresh theme isn't free of WPB coding and it's still a major job of replacing? Maybe someone here can take a quick look at the theme above and see if it is?

3. Is it doable at a more affordable cost or do I just suck it up and move on w/WPB?

Any useful advice appreciated.

Ken

KENH999, Feb 1, 2021 IP
  2. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    Elementor should work with any theme. Why don't you reach directly to theme author and ask? They are the ones who know best their theme.

Running Elementor on fresh theme means just installing a plugin, so it should not pose any issue.

Saputnik, Feb 1, 2021 IP
  3. KENH999

KENH999 Peon

Best Answers:
    Update

Ancora Themes says the theme is built with WPB. So, apparently removing WPB will break the theme. They did refer me to the previously mentioned $700 service to convert a site from WPB to Elementor.

Guess I'll get comfy with WPB. Unless some of the bigger brains here have some useful suggestions?

Ken

KENH999, Feb 2, 2021 IP
  4. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    But why don't you try to install Elementor yourself, and see if it works? Theme was built with WP Bakery, ok, but it doesn't mean you cannot use Elementor and you have to get rid of WP Bakery. If Elementor works, you will use it, and WP Bakery will just sit there unused.

Saputnik, Feb 3, 2021 IP
  5. KENH999

KENH999 Peon

Best Answers:
    I get that if it's a new page from scratch using Elementor it should work. But what if a page was built with WPB then I use Elementor to change it in someway, add a block, etc. there will not be a conflict or perhaps break it?

KENH999, Feb 4, 2021 IP
  6. Saputnik

Saputnik Active Member

Best Answers: