1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Electronics Trade-In Website Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Kaabi, Jul 25, 2013.

I would like a review, and furthermore a usability test, for my website http://sellmyoldtech.com. It is a new business my partner launched to buy all kinds if iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. If you know of any way the site could be improved or function better, I'd love to know. Thank you!

Kaabi, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  2. Kaabi

Kaabi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anybody have any ideas on this?

Kaabi, Aug 5, 2013 IP
  3. topthisfact

topthisfact Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks very plain in some way when I first saw it, these are couple of my recommendation, consider other reviews as these are my personal opinion.
    1.) The logo apple logo should be changed to something that blends in and matches the theme, looks too fruity compared to the theme.
    2.) The content/text in the homepage is way too plain, maybe instead putting some stuff in the menu, you can directly put it on the homepage, such as "tell a friend, get $10" and "as seen on etc.."
    3.) Once you have some sales in people exchanging their device for cash, you can ask for testimonial about their experience doing the business sale with you and have it posted on the homepage somewhere not too visible as you want people to actually view more about what the website is about.
    4.) Redesign the menu button, they look very basic.

Overall the website is not bad, it got a very nice start, just need some revising as I've always think that homepage is the most important as it tells the visitor if they're to stay or leave.

topthisfact, Aug 5, 2013 IP