1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Electronic dropshipper

Discussion in 'General Business' started by superman22x, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,
    I'm loking for an item to dropship on ebay. I am not looking to set up a website. I have heard of worldwide brands but have never spent the $70 to access them. Could anyone tell me a legit dropshipper of electronics that has prices less than ebay?

superman22x, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  2. Cutter

Cutter Peon

Best Answers:
    Not going to happen. The reason why is because the guys selling the electronics are buying them in bulk by the pallete load. Your profits if you drop ship will either be not worth your while or non-existant. Drop shipping is good if you want to test market demand, but bad if you want to make profits.

Cutter, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  3. no1powerseller@aol.com

no1powerseller@aol.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear friend,

www.ZBESTdropshipper.com has all the right stuff to get you started. We specialize in Ebay drop shipments and can certainly guide you along the way! Please visit our site and if you have any questions please email customer service.:D

no1powerseller@aol.com, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  4. Blonde Jon

Blonde Jon Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I'm with Cutter on this one. In order to make money on Ebay you have to be selling something used or super niche.

But if you want to give a couple of these sites a whirl let me know how it works out. I know of some car audio sites from back in the day when I used to dabble with it. I picked up a nice Pioneer CD player from Dragondistributing.com $200 under Crutchfield's price. Really fast shipping, but you almost have to stock it becuase there is no gurantee it will be in stock.

Also http://www.koby-international.com/. I've never delt with these guys, I just knew about them.

You have to be a legit business to work with these sites.

Blonde Jon, Feb 18, 2006 IP
  5. dropshipman

dropshipman Peon

Best Answers:
    Stay away from electronics if you're just starting out dropshipping online. Worldwide Brands is the greatest drop ship directory on the Internet and they basically started everything for me. I drop ship in my spare time, but I would not do electronics every. Think of something only some people want and not many suppliers have. That's the best dropshipping advice I could ever give.

dropshipman, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  6. jared

jared Peon

Best Answers:
    What dropshipman says is the truth. The electronic market is really over saturated. Ebay is even worse because it is so ruthless, people put their stuff on their CHEAP to under cut others.

I'm not fully into the drop shipping scene yet. I am taking my time trying to research stuff when I can. However, I did already buy access to Worldwide Brands. I must say that is good money well spent right there. I don't really know how I would start a drop ship biz. without it. If you can't afford the $70 for Worldwide Brands then you probably can't afford to start up a dropshipping gig.

cheers

jared, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  7. ezyboy

ezyboy Peon

Best Answers:
    There are some such as simplex,megagoods,etc. Even if you dropship you must know when the trend for that electronic item is up, my 17 yr old son, and my 13th yr old son have been my cyberchore reserachers on the trend, and i reward each of them $100.00 weekly, so i suggest doing a quick research in a google search engine.

ezyboy, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  8. camelot1966

camelot1966 Peon

Best Answers:
    just a comment on worldwide brands. Jared mentined that the cost to start with this co. was $70, however when i looked into it, it was more like $299. That is quite a differnce. I will be researching other dropshippers, and will try to post what information i can find. Doba keeps coming up with somewhat decent reports, so i will be trying them next. Any other info. would be greatly appreciated.

camelot1966, Sep 8, 2007 IP
  9. TomC

TomC Banned

Best Answers:
    I Disagree to a degree, the branded electronic market is flooded. If you look to import unbranded electrical items directly from the manufacturer in China, you will see the market is not flooded. You may think, why would a manufacturer sell to me? Well they would, quite happily. You will require a fair amount of capital, but if you look for low cost items then this may not be the case. The majority will even add your logo to the product and packaging, so you can develop your own Brand (just like Apple, Sony, Panasonic).

That's business for you, people are ruthless so they can succeed. They don't care whether you make money, as long as they can. Think about it. However, if you look for a market that is not saturated, you will see its a lot easier to sell many products and keep your prices high at the same time. Looking at iPods, PS3's, your never going to make money. Why? Because everyone else wants to do it, so people are always lowering there prices. That's not to mention the high fraud rates associated with these products.

Anyone looking to dropship on eBay is already off to a bad start! Sure, you can make money dropshipping via other sales venues. Due to eBays size, the price you will receive from a dropshipper is very close to retail. So its hard to make a reasonable profit, if any.

TomC, Sep 9, 2007 IP
  10. orange655321

orange655321 Peon

Best Answers:
    DH, DBL, Wynit are just a few of the larger electronic dropship programs. Electronics are always a volume game. Even when you look at a store that holds the products, electronics for these sellers have lower margins then other products. However, electronics sell, so you need to push for volume. Products like silk flowers, fragrances, bed and bath items, etc might have much more room for higher margin, but they are not always sold in the same volume on line.

So...look at your product type and if it is a volume based or margin based product price and market accordingly.

orange655321, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  11. guruguy

guruguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have a look at our site, www.customdropship.com, we dropship on ebay, and we also dropship for other sellers. If you have some imagination, you can get a long way selling tshirts, and it is quite profitable with the right amount of work.

guruguy, Sep 11, 2007 IP
  12. wuchuanmin

wuchuanmin Peon

Best Answers:
    wholesalediy.com this is a Consumer Electronics dropship site, you can get the items at low price!
    we dropship on ebay, and we also dropship for other sellers.

wuchuanmin, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  13. Jeccles

Jeccles Peon

Best Answers:
    There are other ways to find companies that will drop ship, without paying these huge prices for directories. Try ProductBlazer (I've found several of my suppliers there). You can also Google the product you want+the word "wholesale" or "Drop Ship". Go to trade shows.

Jeccles, Aug 28, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.