1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egyptians burn offices of Muslim Brotherhood as Morsi declares himself Dictator

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Nov 23, 2012.

Perhaps there is hope for the Egyptian Arab Spring after all. According to CNN, the protesters are essentially the same protesters who originally called for Mubarak's ouster, including liberal elements, women's rights groups, Egyptian Christians. Basically, everyone who is not a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I suspect Morsi/the Muslim Brotherhood will be less lenient with voices of opposition than Mubarak. I guess the Egyptians haven't forgot that when Mubarak made himself dictator, he too said his dictatorial powers would be "temporary". Good for them.

Obamanation, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  2. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    No hope, it's all fubar. There is going to be long struggle for power. No matter who is on the top, it is going to be all fucked up. MB is essentially an extension of AQ, so Jihad has reached Egypt and it is going to be stay there..

The Webmaster, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  3. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is never anything good about the Islamic middle east. The best one can hope for is "less bad". This looks like another opportunity for Muslims to kill other Muslims.

earlpearl, Nov 23, 2012 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard a figure that in the past 20 years, 10 million muslims were killed by other muslims? I don't know if that's true or not.

Corwin, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  5. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    Corwin: If you researched information rather than just spouted off without thought you might have an iota of credibility. Regardless the enormous number of roughly 10 million Muslims having been killed by other Muslims is an astonishing number. The period of time is roughly 60 years dating back to the period when Israel was formed.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/08/s...have-died-at-the-hands-of-fellow-muslims.html

It is an astonishing number. Enormous genocide. Its continued unabated over 60 years. Currently its latest highlighted focus is Syria where essentially Shiite and Sunni related Muslims are slaughtering one another in connection with maintaining a despotic regime and essentially finding a neutral ground killing field where Sunnis and Shiites can slaughter one another. The slaughter has extended way beyond the Middle East, into North Africa and Eastern Asia. Its focused though on the Middle East.

In the face of this persistent slaughter how can any person claim Islam is a religion of peace. In modern terms it is a genocidal religion which chiefly kills its own and the regimes in power simply continue to pursue this path. Meanwhile fundamentalists rant against non Muslims, but over the long term and consistently they kill their own, at a level that rivals the worst genocides against mankind in history.

Now in Egypt a crappy representative of one fundamental sect has declared despotic tyrannical control. Par for the course in Islamic lands. Its no wonder most of Islam continues to slip behind the rest of the world with regard to development and freedom. Without oil these nations have the worst economies in the world. They simply treat their populations with disdain and have done so for decades combining despotic regimes with a hate filled extremist religion, focused on death and killing and pushing blame on others.

On the other hand a nation that frees its people to achieve can enrich its population, empower its economy and experience dramatic growth and human freedom.

At the time of the Korean War in the early 1950's roughly equivalent in historical times to this period wherein Muslims have killed another 10 million Muslims and their economies and freedoms have stalled, South Korea was poorer than North Korea. It was a land that had been devastated during World War II with little recovery.

Today little South Korea with relatively few natural resources is a world wide economic power.

Meanwhile in impoverished Egypt one more tyrant takes control and somewhat to the North in Syria every day a lot of Muslims kill a lot of other Muslims. In the Middle East nothing changes. Its either incredibly bad, or in better times, just mildly rotten.

earlpearl, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  6. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Excuse me for having a life and responsibilities and things to do. Right now I'm in Long Island helping my family bear the damage of Sandy. Two cousins lost their homes. My family lost eight cars. the financial hardship is incredible. The federal government is MIA. Obama's been re-elected so he doesn't have to pretend to care anymore.

Insurance company just told my brother than while Katrina claimed 35,000 cars, Superstorm Sandy claimed 35,000 cars in just the first two weeks, with a backlog of another 16,000, and they estimate the total could be 60,000 cars. Damages dwarf Katrina. But Earl, cold-hearted bastards like you, Earl, could give a crap, do you, Earl? The devastation I see, Earl (it's like a war zone here) is acceptable to you, right, Earl? After all, Earl, Obama was re-elected, so it's safe to ignore this suffering, right? Please counter with something you saw on television. And the election is over, so Obama has forgotten us. But wait, I need to look up something for you?

So, when I am too busy to satisfy your curiosity and so I openly and honestly add "I don't know if that's true or not.", I'm being more honest than you have ever been in your entire sad miserable life, Earl. I really do have important shit to do. You, Earl, are as cold as a reptile.

Do I have your permission to blame Obama for the government screwups I see here? Please be your usual cold, uncaring, liberal extremist self when you answer. Better yet, Earl, please cite something on the internet, Earl, that contradicts what I see with my eyes and hear from insurance adjusters.

Corwin, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  7. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    I spent a couple of days after Hurricane Sandy hit evacuating my mother from Northern NJ. Personnel from one of our smb's closest to the region put some personal time into aiding to the relief effort. When we evacuated my mother we left off food and provisions. Frankly, when I was doing that I wasn't posting. I was too busy to put real time into anything else.

It appears now you are blaming me and Obama for Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath. Having lived through some natural disasters, though none as severe as Hurricane Sandy it takes a long long long time for recovery. Unless of course you are pissed off and want everyone to drop everything and give you everything right now and screw another million people or so.

earlpearl, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  8. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Oh stop complaining. You didn't see Bush complain when the liberals blamed him for Katrina, did you? Man up already!

Obamanation, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    But Bush used his weather machine to kill non-whites in the area! Don't you know anything? Don't you read what is on the internets? You must be an ignorant red-neck who is racists and stupid... and white! Bush even made sure that the governor did not use the money sent to him to help build up the dikes, but to use it on other non-essentials.

Bush was so stupid, but so smart he could pull off all these things without anyone knowing.

debunked, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  10. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In case you forgot the point, Earl. The point is when I'm not sure if I'm right, I point it out. In this case, I'm too busy to look it up. Earl, sorry if I came across as too harsh, it's been emotional.

Oddly enough two hours after I wrote that post FEMA showed up at the door with emergency information (a few weeks late, but Thank You) and a FEMA letter arrived in the mail. My brother's gonna get a check.

It's weird driving here, you keep seeing flatbed trucks carrying cars away. The cars look brand-new, but they are really ruined by ocean salt water. For a car buff like me it's sad to see.

Thanks for the laugh, it made my day!

Corwin, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  11. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    good for your brother.

Its better to be first in line than "last in line". Last time I lived in a neighborhood that got hit by a bad storm and was without electricity I was pissed to see other neighborhoods get electricity back before me and my neighbors. The region was supported by utility guys from other states to expedite getting electricity back. It still took time. It was NOTHING like Sandy...but it wasn't nice//I guess from my perspective a little longer being uncomfortable. Not devastating.

earlpearl, Nov 28, 2012 IP
  12. The Webmaster

The Webmaster IdeasOfOne

Best Answers:
    What the heck this thread was all about again?

Egypt->FUBAR->Katrina->Bush->Weather Machine->Nazi Zombies!!

The world is beautiful!!

The Webmaster, Dec 3, 2012 IP
  13. exchanger107

exchanger107 Peon

Best Answers:
    The protests that are being held now is very much same as the protest against mubarak, people do not want to see their hopes getting blown away. What ever they are fighting for they must get it.

exchanger107, Dec 9, 2012 IP