1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egyptian Protesters raid US embassy, remove US flag from pole

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Sep 11, 2012.

1. grpaul

grpaul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, it is really turning in to quite the Circus act.

What a disgrace, not surprised at all though..

grpaul, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  2. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The decision to send or remove troops from an Embassy under the conditions the Egyptian Embassy was under rests with the President, because certainly it would rise to his level, especially an Embassy under attack.

My guess - and this is just a guess - is that if Hillary testified, she would tell the truth. Obama doesn't want her to tell the truth. So she was ordered by Obama to "find a way to not show up".

EDIT: I watch now with mixed emotions while Obama nominates Mass Senator John Kerry (D) as Secretary of State.

Hillary Clinton gets things done. She's been a very effective Secretary of State. I can see that she did not want to stand there today and endorse a do-nothing like John Kerry.

As a Massachusetts Senator, I can tell you Kerry has done nothing compared to the late great Ted Kennedy's legacy.

Hillary Clinton was a fantastic Sec of State. I predict Kerry will be a disaster.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    Corwin, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hilary will delay testimony as long as possible, hoping the public will lose interest because no media outlet other than Fox will give it air time. Unfortunately for her, Fox won't stop and they have nearly 80% of American news consumers watching. I've never been so thankful for that.

In other media debacles, have you been following the Jon Hammar story? The guy drove across the border to mexico, declaring an antique shotgun at both sides. US side said no problem, declare it on the Mexican side, and the Mexicans arrested him when he did so. He's been in jail controlled by the cartels for four months, and our president and state department have not said a word, so neither has any other media outlet, save one segment on AC 360. Fox started beating the drum about a week ago on it and it looks like the Mexicans are going to release him today or tomorrow. Stories like this are why we have a free press. It is seriously depressing.

Obamanation, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  4. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I saw the Marine held in Mexico on Fox News watching last night's recording of Red Eye. Gutfeld was talking about Fox Syndrome, where if Fox is talking about something the other news stations ignore it. Seems to be a stupid policy from a competitive standpoint - why not report on it better than Fox news and grab viewers?

I mean, if I was VP of Programming at CNN I'd be taking Fox head on. Instead they seem afraid to compete?

Corwin, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would say its more of an attempt to delegitimize. Perhaps they think by not covering a single story broken by Fox, they can use the logical fallacy of argumentum ad populum to claim what Fox delivers is non-news because no other news agency is reporting it. Think about it. It took the National Inquirer's hard hitting journalism(LMAO) to break the story that brought down John Edwards. How pathetic is it that a tabloid normally focused on alien landings delivers better news than most of our main stream media.

To be fair, I've seen Fox ignore or give little air time to one or two fairly legitimate stories that put conservatives in a bad light, but ignoring a story like the wrongful incarceration of a US Fallujah war vet is upsetting. Its no wonder Americans have no faith in journalists any more, and that poll is much kinder than some I've seen.

You've also got to consider the players. Chuck Todd, MSNBC's "straight news" guy is married to a former DNC staffer. He worked as a Democratic staffer to Senator Tom Harkin. MSNBC's "straight news" Andrea Mitchell is married to Alan Greenspan, the former Chairman of the Federal Reserve. Chris Matthews used to work for Jimmy Carter. George Stephanopolous, ABC's "straight news" guy used to be a strategist for Bill Clinton. Andy Barr of the Politico left the Politico to work for the Democratic National Committee. The Politico

Obamanation, Dec 21, 2012 IP
  6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly, and the left pretends if it is reported on Fox but not the others it must not be true. That's ludicrous, but apparently if only Fox reports it... it never happened. And the other networks for the most part just reports whatever's favorable to Obama. Bit of a recipe for creating a dictator if you ask me. Shame the public is largely gullible enough to fall for it.

robjones, Dec 21, 2012 IP