1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egyptian Protesters raid US embassy, remove US flag from pole

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Sep 11, 2012.

Yay! The Obama sponsored regime change in Egypt is running it's course. Islamists overrun the US Embassy in outrage over a film produced in the Netherlands, and the US has the good grace to appologize for anyone the film makers might have offended.

I can't help but woner if the Obama admin agrees with the words of the Grand Mufti of Egypt. Free speech, so long as you don't offend anyone.

Obamanation, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  2. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Somebody in another country makes a film they hear may be offensive to their religion, so they attack the US embassy.

Then we apologize?

The first error on our side was not firing the entire volley of warnings shots directly into the head of the first SOB that came over the fence onto US soil. Not like he was using it anyway. I'm reminded of a similar error in Iran when the Carter administration tied the USMC security details hands and refused to let them do their job. [see "iranian hostage crisis"]

Obama is Jimmy Carter 2.0. He needs to pull our embassy personnel out and tell Egypt the foreign aid tap just ran dry. I realize he's into appeasement, but it is stone cold stupid for our country to be funding this place.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    robjones, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  3. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Added: some reports i've seen say the movie is being made by egyptian expats in the US. Honestly doesnt make a difference. There are people here that ridicule islam, those that ridicule christianity, those that ridicule all religion, etc. People in the US have freedom of speech, and notwithstanding any mealy bs in the apology, we dont have any rule that says it cannot offend people of any religion.

Our consulate in Libya was set aflame by armed intruders today as well. Nice to see the apology tour by The Boy King has resulted in healing all wounds. What a crock.

I say we elect Romney and send a message to the nice Arab Spring guys by making R Lee Ermy Secretary of State. I'd pay to watch those negotiations. "You want what? You ignorant jackwagon, I'll bet in college you flunked lunch, didn't you!"

4. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is something I never understand. To show America that they are upset people are insulting their symbols they take down and tear up the US flag. So right away they are a bunch of fucking hypocrites who want respect from everyone but offer none to others. Second, the US is apologizing for someone exercising their freedom of speech to appease people offending most Americans by tearing up the US flag. The embassy should have been demanding an apology for insulting America. Fuck this shit. What in the hell is wrong with the US embassy and whoever authorized that absurd statement put out by the US embassy. That all this happened on September 11th is just a slap in the face.

The US needs to stop supporting these fools.

browntwn, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  5. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats exactly it , isn't it. We were supporting these fools until Obama decided to stand with the Occupy people and demand the ouster of Mubarak. There were even Egyptians on this very forum saying that was a stupid thing to do. Mubarak may have been a dictator, but he was an aging dictator who, by comparison to what replaces him, may turn out to have been quite benevolent.

Hell, even Gahadafi snapped into line after 9-11, and we not only fed him to the wolves, we lead the bombing campaign. Now the new Libyan regime is making torture allegations against the US for Gahdafi's role in rounding up jihadis.

It is all very reminiscent of 1979 Iran when Carter gave up the Shah to a bunch of jihadi revolutionaries. I have Persian friends who curse Carter for his idiocy to this very day, as I suspect many Iranians do. How long until we have an embassy full of hostages in Egypt that President Romney will have to negotiate to release?

6. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The embassy in Egypt is apparently still under something of a seige.

In Libya... Turns out a consulate official was shot when the attack hit.

These are not people we should be apologizing to. Barack needs to interrupt his precious campaign and contact the people in charge of the respective countries and explain nicely that if they'll let us quietly evacuate our personnel he wont drop daisy-cutters on their personal residence. Then we need to get our people out until the government there can maintain a stable environment.

7. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    "Obama sponsored regime change in Egypt" How warped a memory is that. "Obama decided to stand with the Occupy people and demand the ouster of Mubarak." WTF? The Eqyptians couldn't give a brass razoo what Occupy people and Obama had to say.

Eqypt's people rose up against their military rulers. They completely ignored everything the US had to say at the time. They don't like you because you installed and funded a military regime that suppressed the general population for decades and they have residual anger issues over that and will have for some years I don't doubt. Same as Iran - not sure that the Iranians have got around to liking you yet either after you installed the Shah to bow to your wishes.

Shit happens when you interfere in the politics of other countries. Surprised you still haven't learned to deal with it. Not surprised that you want to choose a big bullet solution to a few protestors who you happen to disagree with.

boblord666, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  8. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Oh and deal with Libya however you like. You created that giant mess that is left of the country. You deal with it.

9. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm suggesting we exit these cesspools.... Thats a long way from pushing for interference. Insisting their leaders provide security for the withdrawal is probably preferable to them than dropping troops of our own in to secure the evac. And there should be no misunderstanding that failing to cover the withdrawal of enbassy and consular personnel would have consequences.

Withdrawing personnel when the place is so unstable their troops stand by while our soil is attacked is exactly what we need to do to avoid another iran hostage crisis. Sticking our head in the dirt and hoping it turns out for the best is a pretty weak alternative.

Btw- if you dont like how the US handled Libya, bear in mind you are the one that wants obama back in power and I'm the one that voted against him the first time.

10. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Hoo-bloody-Ray - what's happening to the world. I agree with you. Look after your own country, your people will have a better life and the people in Mid East countries will be much happier and have better lives too.

One of the things about politics is that you never, ever agree (or shouldn't) with everything your chosen party does. What Obama and other NATO countries did in Libya sucks big time and will no doubt come back to haunt them.

Take a leaf out of China's book. They are visiting countries from Africa to the Pacific nations armed with a great big smile and an open chequebook. They rarely sell weapons (unlike the biggest arms dealer in the world) but they buy into industries they feel will secure their future. Resources and Agricultural in the main. Whereas Hilary Clinton talks to the Pacific Forum about the hundreds of warships the US has in the Pacific, the Chinese build infrastructure and industry on the islands. Which one will end up being the winner in the minds of the people.

The Asian century is upon us and will produce more trillions of dollars spin off than could ever be imagined. And the US is positioning itself by building up troops in the Pacific. Man your need to hone up on civility skills.

11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    How ever will Obama fit in the time to run the country in the middle of campaign season? I tend to agree with you on abandoning Egypt. They offer us nothing, and cost us 1.5 billion a year.

Some claim that without our money, the place would be worse than it already is, but I say screw it. Those people need failure. Yemen, Somalia. Add Egypt, Syria, Libya, and Afghanistan. Hell, throw Pakistan on the list. Until these people hit bottom, like Japan, there will be no turning the bend.

No no! Say it isn't so. Somehow or other, Libya must be Bush's fault! Talk about your standard blood for oil military intervention. Europe lead by France was all over that one and Obama dance did little more than dance to the tune they played in a vain attempt to be popular internationally.

Here is some footage of the people Obama just helped put in power. Warning : Graphic.
    [video=youtube;C8bpNgB1oEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8bpNgB1oEk&bpctr=1347423378[/video]

Some more on RT.

Where these people get the moral authority to complain about anything is beyond me.

12. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    BTW I met my first Texan on a cruise on Phang Nga not long ago. I had made a zip my lips gesture when he told me that he was from Texas. An oil and gas consultant working for the past year in Malaysia we had a chat about different things. I was impressed when he continually mentioned the word "respect". Respect for Malaysian culture, religion and ways of doing business had been a big learning curve for him but he finally felt he was doing the right things. Respect is a wonderful thing.

13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    There is a simple explanation for that. Nobody wants weapons that say "Made in China". That, and the fact China just obtained stealth technology, something we did more than two decades ago. For christ's sake we have moved onto automated warfare. We just landed a space vehicle powered by a plutonium reactor on Mars in case you hadn't noticed.

All the most recent numbers out of China point to weak economic growth if not outright recession.. China's import growth has literally gone to zero, when estimates had put it at 11%. Apparently, this is going to hit Australian miners particularly hard.

14. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, yeah the US is going great - you keep telling us how good it is going, about how pleased you are with the government. Yeah, yeah, give me liberty, yeah, yeah We are free, freer that you and we are the goodies, they are the baddies. Yeah yeah we know everything are superior in every way to every other culture. Yeah yeah we have the biggest and best guns. Yeah yeah we'll occupy your country if you upset us. Yeah, yeah piss off idiot. Oh I'm sorry - that may be disrespectful.

Hang on it's Abomination - I don't care.

15. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wait... You're criticizing the US as arms dealers but backing the administration that just used executive privilege to try and stymie the investigation into the coverup on our arms sales to drug lords?

Is that another of those times you dont approve of his actions but still think he's our best bet for a president?

16. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Internal US problem, feel free to judge it in any way you wish. As you know I have no truck with guns whatsoever.

17. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Respect is something you will never have . Now push the reply button like a good dog .

Egypt has been cesspool for the past 40+ years . Nothing can bring socio-economic collapse faster then Sharia , now that it's almost official the results are showing .
    I'm waiting for Obama to jump the mike and apologize , it's he's usual response ,

ApocalypseXL, Sep 11, 2012 IP
  18. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Selling guns to Mexican drug lords is not "internal"... And covering it up is not a "problem", it's a felony.

19. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love to comment but it hasn't made the news here and it is just not something I have any interest in whatsoever so I haven't followed any forum threads about the matter. Sorry about that.

I could make up stuff!

20. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Nothing like carrying on a conversation with a guy who prides himself on being uninformed.