1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Egypt looks like it is going DOWN

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Obamanation, Jan 28, 2011.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That says it all and what the Egyptian people wanted.

popotalk, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LoL. The Iraqi's are evacuating their citizens to peaceful Iraq, if you can imagine that!

Maybe. Maybe. The Muslim Brotherhood is in the minority there, even amongst Muslims, though they are a violent and noisy minority. I suspect the majority in Egypt are actually in favor of a peaceful parliamentary democracy, though it is usually those willing to shed blood and create chaos that get their way. To my way of thinking, the true test will be whether peace loving Egyptian Muslims are willing to do what it takes to contain the Islamists, despite the fact they will be called blasphemers and heretics for doing so.

In other news, the King of Jordan fired the government last night. Algeria is busily buying up wheat, hoping to placate it's people with food. Wouldn't be too surprising to see several other Arab dictatorships around the Mediterranean fall in the next couple weeks. Saudi Arabia is already under pressure. History in the making.

Obamanation, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  3. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    Must be nice to live in a world so simple that every question can NEVER be answered. ;)

[video=youtube;guAcGOTaIts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guAcGOTaIts[/video]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Misato, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  4. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The thing which looks strange for me is that only few months left before next regular election. Why don't they wait for the voting and getting the president they want by democracy way? Especially taking in mind that Mubarak announced that he and his son are not going to run in next election.

borber, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  5. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I hadn't heard he and his son had removed themselves from the running. Not much point in having an election if the election is rigged(Venezuela, Iran, Egypt (up until now)).

I imagine an election of a new leader while keeping the existing government in tact would be the best of all possible solutions, assuming they could hold a fair election, the results of which would be respected.

Obamanation, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  6. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    So what - it was a communist country he was charged with.

It was McCarthy that ranted the "Domino Effect". To bad Vietnam was not listening when they kicked Chinas butt after they tried the "Effect" for real....and the rest of Asia as well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Breeze Wood, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  7. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    It gives enough time for your zionists friends to interfere.

There is 2 camps, 1. one group of Zionists see this as an opportunity to expand territory and work towards creating the greater Zionist state (Nile to Euphrates), they will do this by taking over the suez canal and the sinai, and work from there, it's not difficult to do that now, since Egypt is in turmoil. An excellent excuse would be "we need to secure this area otherwise Islamists will come into Gaza from here".

[​IMG]

2. The other group are totally wetting their pants, not knowing what to do.

If (1.) happens, expect hell to break lose, just a little warning for you.

Demonstrations in Egypt are likely to continue.

:cool:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    IsraeI, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  8. Misato

Misato Guest

Best Answers:
    If I see it correct you are from Arizona. What democracy are you talking about ?

Though Mubarak announced it there is always a puppet or shadow i.e one running it behind the scene.

Misato, Feb 1, 2011 IP
  9. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    I'm From Egypt and I can Tell you that it's all about the Muslim Brotherhood here , They won't be able to get into September's elections so they want to take the presidency through the Riot as that's their only way like what happened in Iran . Actually situation is All about Hamas and Aljazeera Co operation , Aljazeera already revealed documents about Fath and The Palestinian Government which is in the Benefit of Hamas and Iran , Actually when Prisons were attacked in Egypt , All Palestinians of Hamas escaped back to their country in cars though some of them failed , So I believe it's Hamas or a related group are the once who did that attack on some Prisons . Aljazeera was trying to promote the Protests and telling people to join which is all in the benefit of Hamas as public was already prepared for that as they saw what happened in Tunisia and they wanted the same.

Mubarak is actually much better than others , He protected the country for 30 years , Though I don't like the economic and educational system in Egypt .
    Cheers.

Elberengy, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  10. IsraeI

IsraeI Peon

Best Answers:
    And why is the state television only showing anarchy?, while Al-jazeera shows majority peaceful demonstrations and a bit of violence. (whenever it occurs).

Seems to me Al-Jazeera is just doing fair reporting.

Why are pro mubarak supporters clashing with those who were demonstrating almost peacefully?

Those pro mubarak guys (who are accused of being police with normal clothing and sent by mubarak)are creating anarchy, I don't know why.

And how did the Muslim brotherhood manage to get all those people to demonstrate and at the same time keep the crowd silent as to who should take over?

From my observations those who demonstrated are a mixture of people, from different political parties and they are united in removing Mubarak, but they do not specify a particular leader to take over.

:)

IsraeI, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  11. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    That prison break has got to be highly concerning if you live in the region. Why would the Brotherhood not be allowed to participate in an election?

Obamanation, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  12. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't allowed because they are Illegal in terms of the Laws . They have never been permitted to get into the election or even create an official party for them .

13. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    Not that I'm a fan of the Brotherhood, but not allowing them into the electoral process seems a bit silly. We have a very politically active Communist party here in America with a statistically significant following. Our democracy is not parliamentary so they really don't get a voice, but they are allowed to participate.

Which do you think is worse, allowing them to participate and letting the elections go forward, or having them perpetrate violence until the government collapses? What do you see as the other alternative... if there is one?

14. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I've been hearing. It's nice to hear it from someone who is actually from Egypt!

Corwin, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  15. Elberengy

Elberengy Member

Best Answers:
    In Terms of Democracy your opinion is maybe a right one , But in terms of laws you can't allow people who are using Religion to gain publicity to rule . They have also tried many times in their history to kill presidents , They spread protests and riots just to gain the power , I'm not Saying that they are bad or Extremists because I know they are only using people's respect and love for religion to become the Rulers of the country . They aren't really "Religious" they are just hiding behind it .

So They set their target to use the Riot to become the ruling power in the country , It's a chance , once in a life maybe so they don't want the fire stop . As even if they are let into election they may lose as you said already .

I'm actually a Muslim , I don't really care if they rule except for the country's foreign policy which will be bad ofcourse , Democratic relations will be weaker with other countries , But They may have some good points but I can't tell because they never ruled before or Shown a Public Program of what they want to do . I'll agree about letting them in elections if they have a Wise Program already that will benefit the country's economy and Scientific Progress .

So This is Just my opinion , Maybe a little bit contradicting or Confused .

16. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I highlighted the word that should help you answer your own question.

So is "almost" peacefully like your girlfriend being "almost" not pregnant? Is it like someone being "almost" sane, or "almost" not a serial killer? Is it like a statement being "almost" truthful, cause I'm trying to get a handle on how the quote above works in practice.

How exactly does one implement an almost peaceful protest... do they only burn some of the cars and buildings? Release part of the violent criminals? Loot a select number of stores and businesses? Please do share, this is fascinating.

robjones, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  17. Obamanation

Best Answers:
    I see your point. Given their tactics, it is very unlikely they would accept any outcome of an election that did not put them in power.

Don't get me wrong. I personally think having the brotherhood in a seat of power in Egypt would be the worst possible outcome for Egypt, on a scientific, economic, human rights, or any other basis. I have no doubt they would brutally slaughter any within Egypt who disagreed with their extremist views. Their efforts to topple the governments of your neighbors would isolate Egypt economically, lowering the quality of life for all Egyptians, including Egyptian Muslims. I doubt most Egyptians really desire to live in a war zone, another likely outcome of Brotherhood Rule.

I suppose my point is, an election would give voice to the majority of Egyptian people who would likely say no thanks to all that. Its probably naivite on my part. In some ways, democratic principals do not work with or apply to such people. Benazir Bhutto, and many others tell us as much from the grave.

18. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You is the greatest among analysts, Israei. Keep going. Funny.

borber, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  19. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I see it correct you are from nowhere. It means that only you have right to talk about democracy? Please don't be personal...

borber, Feb 2, 2011 IP
  20. borber

borber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Elberengy, it looks as it is real answer, especially taking in mind that you are from Egypt... My best wishes to you and your country.

borber, Feb 2, 2011 IP