1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Effect on SEO of changing post title?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by WordsByJustin, Aug 14, 2018.

One of my roundup posts has made it to #9 in Google Search ('17 Pinterest Experts Best Tips For 2018') and I was wondering what effect it might have if I added a few more tips and changed the 17 to a 20? Or would I be better off keeping the same title, and maybe updating the date?
    Thanks for any help.

WordsByJustin, Aug 14, 2018 IP
  2. baungaard

baungaard Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have had great results with high ranking posts like that, and updating the title. Updating the url for the post though, is not something I would do, when the post i ranking that well.

baungaard, Aug 14, 2018 IP
  3. WordsByJustin

WordsByJustin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks baungaard - yes I definitely won't be changing the URL. Do you change the date of publication when you update a title btw? I'm not sure whether to do that or just type 'Post Updated: <today's date>'

WordsByJustin, Aug 14, 2018 IP
  4. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2018 you can't update it right now. But if you change your title from 17 to 20 then it might not have SEO benefit but it may increase the CTR to the page through organic search.

mrb1129, Aug 14, 2018 IP