1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EER Diagram Assignment Help

Discussion in 'Databases' started by varun8211, Nov 12, 2006.

I Have to help my bro in his assignment.. am trying to solve it.. have did sth but not able to understand properly..
    can u guys help ?

Q: The owners of a video store have asked us to design a database to maintain records of their customers and videos. The Database should be able to indicate when a movie has been checked out and to whom it was checked out. The Database should also be able to recognize that one customer account can have more than one person who can check out movies. (NB: we do not need a list of “old transactions” once the video has been returned, we can forget that the video has ever been rented)

Draw the EER diagram for this database.

Mention all assumptions that you make ?

Thanks

varun8211, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  2. infonote

infonote Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you really expect someone to give you the whole answer?

Tell us what you/your brother did, and post a more specific question.

In the mean time read this tutorial.

google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=6&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffaculty.maxwell.syr.edu%2Fjpgant%2FP724_logical_design.PPT&ei=92lXRZmvAZKKwQH1waj0Bg&usg=__8ZWmOMQkVSYa4Pb3Kq5OZaaJeqk=&sig2=4tOp7IOH5YbSq5l5zVv8eQ

infonote, Nov 12, 2006 IP
  3. varun8211

varun8211 Peon

Best Answers:
    Please find my work so far in the attached image..
    Assumptions:
    1. Customer account can be managed my multiple persons.
    2. 1 video can only b issued to only 1 cust_acc and hence only 1 person
    3. 1 person can issue more than 1 videos.

MY QUESTION: I DO NOT FIND THE UTILITY OR USE OF EER DIAGRAM HERE BECOZ ALL WE ARE DOING IS JUST A ER DIAGRAM. I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW TO MODEL EER .. NOT SURE, IF I HAVE DONE IT CORRECTLY.
    Also I have mentioned all the entity attributes in one eclipse, which I know is wrong. Its just to save my time in drawing here.

Attached Files:

varun8211, Nov 12, 2006 IP