1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Educate Your Readers on RSS

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by jukebox9988, Mar 22, 2007.

A lot of us have readers who visit our sites daily, but know nothing about RSS. If you want your feed subscribers to go up, then you gotta tell your readers about RSS. I wrote a simple post explaining the benefits of RSS

It doesn't have to be long or complicated. Just simple and straight to the point.

jukebox9988, Mar 22, 2007 IP
    Anita likes this.
  2. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a good idea, although the effectiveness depends a lot on the type of reader you get. I tried this early on, and they were still like "Huh?" ... but then, I have a humor (+ other randomness) site that doesn't get the most technically inclined.

Anita, Mar 22, 2007 IP
  3. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What type of audience does your site get? The younger your audience is, then the more they will probably want to speed up their web surfing experience.

Also, I have a feeling that Yahoo! users have no concept of RSS. They're too old to want to change.

jukebox9988, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  4. Anita

Anita Peon

Best Answers:
    Not sure, I think it's a pretty broad group. I'm pretty sure there's a decent number of young tech savvy folks, as I have ~1,200 feed subscribers.

Anita, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  5. jukebox9988

jukebox9988 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm looking to increase my subscribers. Got any suggestions? I'm thinking of removing some ads for a bit to see what happens.

jukebox9988, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been thinking of the same thing for a few days now. I want my readers to subscribe via Plusmo , to get updates on the PDA's and Cell Phones, but I know i am going to have to explain it. I will probably incorporate something this week.

hmansfield, Mar 25, 2007 IP