1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Editorial Limbo

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by pcarlow, Feb 13, 2007.

I've had keywords stuck in Editorial Status for 4 days and tonight they moved another 23 keywords from an active campaign to Editorial Status. What the hell is going on over there?

It's crazy when your trying to give your money to a company for a valid business reason and they aren't properly equiped to take it. Everyone looses. :(

pcarlow, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  2. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great, they just declined every one of my keywords for no apparent reason. Thanks Yahoo...

pcarlow, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  3. SonicReducer

SonicReducer Peon

Best Answers:
    Call them, they answer right away and it speeds things up...

SonicReducer, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Switch to google adsense.
    And it that proves to be a wrong solution, switch to something else. I doubt about "right away answers" unless you're about to pay.

Clive, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  5. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, i called them. They told me to resubmit and use keyword matching in the ad. Today they deleted approved running ads and keywords from my account for "Insufficient content" which is absurd. Why do i feel like I'm being picked on?

pcarlow, Feb 14, 2007 IP
  6. jayaic

jayaic Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I've been having issues with the editorial process too, both with keywords and ads. I've called them directly with the service rep on the other end agreeing that whatever was declined shouldn't have been and offering to re-submit the declined item only to have it come back declined again, starting this process all over again.

jayaic, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  7. ablaye

ablaye Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You mean Google adwords??

Adbrite or adengage are other advertising solutions that deliver some decent results.

ablaye, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  8. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exact same problem here. Had this same conversation 3 times now:

Me: Why where my ads/keywords rejected. They are clearly relevant and the reason for rejection does not apply.

Yahoo Rep: I don't know why they were rejected. They shouldn't have been. I will resubmit them for you and/or ask an editor to look at them again.

Later the next day...

Receive email:
    Removed Keywords, Declined Keywords, ect... blah blah blah

The absurdity of their review process would be laughable if it wasn't costing me money. Very frustrating... :mad:

pcarlow, Feb 17, 2007 IP
  9. pcarlow

pcarlow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something that has helped me with the editoral process is to treat yahoo ad groups more like google adwords in the way that i set them up. What I do is use a smaller amount of keywords in an ad group, instead of selecting every keyword phrase available and dumping it into an ad group. My approval process has increased that way.

pcarlow, Feb 22, 2007 IP
  10. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    With YSM it's all a game of attrition. Submit 1000 keywords because you know you'll only end up with 250. Submit 5000 keywords and you'll end up with 1000.

flip, Feb 23, 2007 IP