1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

editorial decline reason not consistent???

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by husnehpet, Nov 30, 2006.

I submitted a 2nd batch of ads. My ads were declined for:

Yahoo! Search Marketing will not accept listings for web sites whose primary purpose is the collection of personally identifiable information to be used for consumer or promotional marketing, or related purposes.
    Examples of such sites include, but are not limited to, those that offer free cards or consumer electronic products in exchange for completing an online offer or survey. We will also not accept listings for advertisers that link to or redirect to such sites.

However the ones I submitted earlier today for the same website and same ad text went through. What gives? should I just resubmit it again? I'm guessing it's a human just going through these.

husnehpet, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  2. transburgh

transburgh Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no way to understand there verification process. They turned me down for a word that was exactly what the site was made for and it was a completely innocent subject. It took a year till they excepted it.

Does the new yahoo UI get checked like the current one?

transburgh, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. capitalistpig

capitalistpig Peon

Best Answers:
    Being a Yahoo editor - so easy, a caveman could do it (just hit the decline button).

capitalistpig, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, that's yahoo for you. Idiots... I have given up on trying to figure out the logic behind their declining my ads, because there is no logic. They'll decline ads in bulk on Friday just because they want to clear things out before the weekend. Really. It's the equivalent of an office worker shoveling all his paperwork into the trash because he doesn't want to deal with it. If you think I'm exaggerating, just run a few ad campaigns with them for awhile...

flip, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  5. JesterMagic

JesterMagic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I had a bunch of ads that all I did was change a capitialized letter to lower case (it was in the middle of the sentence, just a mistake) and they turned me down for some stupid reason and meanwhile the ad with the mistake keeps running.

JesterMagic, Dec 13, 2006 IP
  6. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. One time I changed URL on a group of ads that had been successfully running for some time. It was a purely administrative change. The landing page did not change one iota. I simply wanted my files grouped under a different folder, which of course changes the URL.

Stupid of me...I should have known. All the ads were sent back for "editorial approval." Some ads that previously were OK suddenly became not OK, and were declined.

flip, Dec 14, 2006 IP