1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Editor not reflecting front end

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by sixrfan, Feb 2, 2012.

On this page, you'll notice that the "Car Washes For Sale" featured content slider plugin appears above the "Crystal Clear..." div. And that's what you see with firebug too: http://www.screenshots.cc/show/55535/y6w4m.

However, in my page editor, I have the shortcode for the plugin located below the Crystal Clear section. See this screenshot: http://www.screenshots.cc/show/55534/644yd

So why does the front-end not reflect the way thing are arranged in the editor?

Please advise. Thanks in advance!

sixrfan, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  2. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    If there is a coding issue, we'll need to see the entire file, not just an image of a portion of it.

hmansfield, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  3. sixrfan

sixrfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sixrfan, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    Try putting the slider shortcode inside of it's own set of <div> tags.

5. sixrfan

sixrfan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    didnt' work. I have a div around it, in the editor, and which you'll see with firebut called "slide". but in firebug, you'll notice that that div is empty and the slider is back up top, a few elements above the slide div.

in another forum, someone mentioned the slider shortcode seems to echo the output instead of returning it. does that sound like the problem to you? if so, any idea how to fix that?

sixrfan, Feb 2, 2012 IP
  6. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I'm kind of primitive when I'm tracking down a problem. The first thing I'll do is place a text box in there (with an outline so that I can see it) just to make sure that the code places properly.

Then, I'd place the shortcode inside the text box to see if it places properly.
    If it does, then I know I can force it with a little extra HTML.

If it doesn't then I know I have a problem and will look to other things that are making it display the way it does. Index.php, or other files that affect the home page layout.

If you have a cache plug in running, make sure you deactivate it.

7. WebPageMistakes

WebPageMistakes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Observations without digging into the coding extensively:

One thing that could be messing things up is that you (or the plugin) have put style coding in the body of the page instead of in the head section.

Plus the actual background coding for the slideshow is above your crystal clear window section, hence why it is shown first.

WebPageMistakes, Feb 3, 2012 IP
    hmansfield likes this.