1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

editing my database....double entries

Discussion in 'Databases' started by itismejoshy, Nov 3, 2006.

i have had a problem with many double post in phpbb forum.....i need a way to automaticaly delete double entries.....i can do it manualy but it would take days and days.....any ideas???

itismejoshy, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  2. number7

number7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I recommend you not to do it by hand in PHPBB unless you know all relations in PHPBB tables.

But if you take a bit of time to study PHPBB tables relations you could write a cron job to check your PHP BB forum DB and remove duplicates.

Programmers work to do nothing ! :)

number7, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  3. Amilo

Amilo Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you start this project have you added the stop double posts mod that is available for phpbb ?

Amilo, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  4. itismejoshy

itismejoshy Peon

Best Answers:
    ya i have added the no multipost mod....but all the past post still exist....i bet i have about 5000ish doubles.....i would like to have a cron job to do that...but it's is slightly above my skills or time......i could write one if i really sat down with it....but that would be hours taken away from the rest of the site....any one had the same problem?

itismejoshy, Nov 5, 2006 IP