1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Editing CSS in Dreamweaver

Discussion in 'CSS' started by dBlock, Aug 1, 2006.

When editing my style sheets in Dreamweaver and using the split screen interface all of my element boxes are all out of position and i can't tell what is displaying where but when i hit F-12 to preview in the browser everything displays ok....is my scripting screwed up somewhere is it my Dreamweaver i just don't get it....:mad:

dBlock, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  2. kk5st

kk5st Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Don't waste your time using DW's preview. Keep Firefox and maybe IE open, and simply refresh to check your changes.

cheers,

gary

kk5st, Aug 1, 2006 IP
  3. safe_reader

safe_reader Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the exact same problem. It was not too long ago where all the hoopla was about being able to edit your pages in DreamWeaver and what you see is what you get. Not so any more! Wysiwyg seems to be way of the past now. I know it's strange, one of the first times in computer history where we are going BACKWARDS in development.

safe_reader, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  4. adris72

adris72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I use dreamweaver code view only because I like the features, like the code colors, the suggestion and autocomplete functions... like kk5st said, the only way to view the result is to save in DW and refresh the page in the browsers.
    Actually if I had to stat coding today, I wouldn't spend money in DW but just download PSPad for free.

adris72, Aug 2, 2006 IP