1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Edit Keywords -> 2. Pricing -> Advanced Bidding -> AVG. Position Column

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by cmancre, Jun 17, 2010.

Hi to all. Am complete new to Adcenter not to SEM world.
    Basically am exploring the potentialities of it using a real world campaign.

Let me describe what I have done till now.
    • campaign targeted to UK and IR
    • I am geographically in Spain
    • added 3 keywords to start
    • campaing, group and ad appear ACTIVE

I browsed around till I found the Advanced Bidding. I raised up the bids to AVG. Position between 1 and 2. It estimates impressions and clicks - looks promising :D

When I search on http://www.bing.com/?cc=gb using one of the keywords my ad never shows up.

What's happening?
    Is this estimate AVG. Position far from the real world bid and I need to raise it up?
    Is Adcenter geo targeting usgin IP (am in spain)?

Do you have a guess?

Thanks on advanced.

cmancre, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  2. Brian_adCenter

Brian_adCenter Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi CMancre,

Microsoft adCenter uses reverse-IP address (Internet Protocol address. A number that uniquely identifies a computer connected to the Internet.) lookup to determine the customer’s location. This method is generally accurate when customers are in the same location as their Internet service provider (for example, their local phone or cable company).

When customers are in a different location from their Internet service provider (for example, a corporate or long-distance provider), the location may not be accurate for targeting. When customers access the Internet from a private IP address, adCenter is unable to determine a location for targeting.

When you target a customer segment, you can place an optional extra bid, known as an incremental bid (A bid that can increase your ad’s exposure to potential customers who meet specific targeting criteria, such as day of the week, time of day, geographical location, age, or gender. A percentage of your keyword bid, the incremental bid is in addition to your bid on a keyword.) .

Placing an incremental bid increases the likelihood that your ad is displayed in a better position for customers who meet your targeting criteria. When you place an incremental bid for geographical location, day of the week, or time of day, you can choose whether to display your ads only to target customers or to all customers. When you place an incremental bid for age or gender, your ads are displayed to all customers. In all cases, you pay the incremental bid only when target customers click your ad.

Thank you,

Brian H - MSFT

Brian_adCenter, Jun 17, 2010 IP