1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Edit Buttons Not Working

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Jordan Roper, Sep 14, 2015.

Hi there,

I've been having some problems with WordPress on my website. I have recently wrote a blog and when I try to change the permalink with the "Edit" button nothing happens (it doesn't load or allow me to edit it) I've also tried to add a category with the option at the right hand side "+ Add New Category" and this is having the same problem.

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this problem before or if anyone knows of a solution?

The site is www.loud-marketing.net

Look forward to hearing back.

Best Regards,

Jordan

Jordan Roper, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Run a console-logger (Firefox with Firebug installed for instance) or Chrome in developer mode, and see if there is any javascript errors popping up - that's my first guess, at least, that some plugin or theme-code is messing up the code somewhere, and it breaks.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 14, 2015 IP
  3. Jordan Roper

Jordan Roper Member

Best Answers:
    I activated the standard WordPress theme 2015 and I was able to click on the edit buttons. But now I need to change a footer widget, but when I change it the 2015 theme the widgets are removed, is there anyway I can get them to stay there so I can make the changes?

Jordan Roper, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  4. Jordan Roper

Jordan Roper Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows a solution for this?

Jordan Roper, Sep 24, 2015 IP
  5. bojan92

bojan92 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hello , do not worry about that sometimes wordpress does those things. What i did is i would give it some time and edit the the next day. Now that is not a good solution especially if you need to make some changes immediately. So i would recommend using Dreamweaver in future to create your websites. :)
    Hope this helps
    Cheers.

bojan92, Oct 21, 2015 IP