1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce platform for multiple payment recipients

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Trent SC, Feb 16, 2015.

Hi,

I'm looking to develop an event booking platform which will allow payments to different PayPal accounts: event organisers will register and verify, then list the events. Users, meanwhile can search for events, and book tickets, while the payments need to go directly to the event organiser's PayPal account.

In volume terms, I'd expect there to be a maximum of 150 event organisers, each with 4-6 events/year, and around 30-150 bookings per event.

I'm conscious that the majority of eCommerce platforms are typically geared towards a single payment recipient, but I'd be grateful for any recommendations...

Thanks in advance,

Trent

Trent SC, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  2. mkrstic

mkrstic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can find many ecommerce platforms and probably in each one you could implement that. Sure, the question is how much money and time you would need for that. Magento doesn't have such feature by default, but there are a lot of external modules which chould help you. If you install magento, you can take a look for these external modules:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/multiple-vendor-marketplace.html
    or
    http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/multi-vendor-e-commerce-marketplace.html

they are not free of charge, but if it fits your needs, it will definitely save a lot of money which is planned to be spent on developers. The best idea is that you contact these developers who developed these extensions and ask whether it is right solution for you. You definitely should do that before you decide to buy, because maybe it's not what you need.

here, there are more modules:

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalogsearch/result/?q=multiple+vendors&pl=0

mkrstic, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  3. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If you integrate Paypal adaptive in your site, then event owner will directly get the booking payment and admin will get the commission immediately.... also instead of developing site from scratch you can prefer event booking software where all required features are inbuilt and you can quickly launch the website with less investment.

aceriker, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  4. Trent SC

Trent SC Peon

Best Answers:
    Many thanks for the suggestions.

My plan isn't to take a commission for the sales; rather to charge a flat annual fee. So the event ticket money will go directly to the organiser without any percentage cut.

I've read elsewhere that Magento isn't as user friendly as other products, and others have suggested OpenCart with a multi vendor extension. Does anyone have experience of this?

Trent SC, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  5. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You could probably get in and out of this with wpmu and marketpress and one other plugin from those folks. I would have to ask a few questions to be specific. I have an etsy project lined up. I am going to go about things the same way.

Wordpress is probably the way to go here.

EDIT: Actually, in hindsite, marketpress is not required either.
    Nigel

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Nigel Lew, Feb 17, 2015 IP
  6. Lipipaliwal

Lipipaliwal Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, I have a little bit information regarding your query. If you want to book platform which will allow payments to different PayPal accounts, then you can go with the Magento eCommerce platform, which provide these kind of services through external modules. There are so many developers develop these kind of concepts, so you can hire anyone regarding this issue.

Lipipaliwal, Mar 12, 2015 IP