1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce Platform Creation

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by LadyC, Jan 30, 2022.

Hello everyone!

I hear many people talking about creating your own ecommerce platform.
    I'm curious, what exactly are the requirements to do this? Do I need to hire a developer?
    Maybe a programmer? Could I build this myself?
    Some have said the cost would be THOUSANDS! Some have said, not so much.
    Can someone tell me please, what I would need EXACTLY and HOW MUCH MONEY I would need?
    Truly appreciated.

LadyC, Jan 30, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm not big on ecommerce but I'd say you do need someone with appropriate development skills because there MUST be something different about your site and that will probably need to be created.

As for "creating your own platform". That could mean
    1. using generic e-commerce scripts on your own domain and with your own branding
    2. starting from scratch and building a site that is completely unique
    Even #1 will cost you thousands but that's nothing compared to your marketing and advertising costs. You need to write down a business plan, look at the funding you can raise, assess the risk and reward. Lots of really good projects fail because they're underfunded. That funding also includes your loss of income because you're working on your site before it is profitable and have quit your day job.

sarahk, Jan 30, 2022 IP
  3. LadyC

LadyC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk,
    Thank you so much for your advice!
    I guess I'm really at the moment just trying to figure which is the best platform for ecommerce?
    I'm torn between Saas and WordPress. I really like the fact that WordPress allows me the freedom to create my site the way I want, but I'm so concerned about security!
    Right now, I'm building my site and I have Sitelock on it. But, I'm not sure if that will be enough.
    Should I use a Shopify plugin for SSL security? And are there any other security features you could recommend?
    Thanks again.

LadyC, Jan 31, 2022 IP
  4. Andrey Svyrydov

Andrey Svyrydov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The right e-commerce platform depends on the size and scope of your store.
    If you don't plan to sell a large number of products or services, you can use a variety of platforms to build, but going it alone can have many risks and pointless waste. There are many features to consider; you may need the functionality of a marketplace, a multistore, or a single store. Your customer base may need language translation, cryptocurrency payments or loyalty programs.
    By the way, I lead a team that specializes in developing e-commerce systems and you can see an example https://corpsoft.io/portfolio/properguild-marketplace-tech-solution/, or contact me directly for help.
    As for the fixed budget - it depends on the scope of the project, so it is difficult to give a precise estimate like this. Could you provide more details?

Andrey Svyrydov, Feb 1, 2022 IP
  5. Đặng Văn Bình

Đặng Văn Bình Member

Best Answers:
    You can create a store yourself if you want an easy version. There are many constructors online. If you need something more serious, if you do not have the necessary skills and time to increase them, then it is better to give the project for development.

Đặng Văn Bình, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  6. LadyC

LadyC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much Andrey Svyrydov and Dang Van Binh!
    My apologies for the late reply. I have been unable to access my internet to reply due to my ISP misdiagnosing a problem with my modem and dsl line.
    I thank you both for your responses and will look into your advice.
    Thank you again.

LadyC, Feb 16, 2022 IP
  7. RVB77

RVB77 Member

Best Answers:
    You don't have to call a programmer to make an ecommerce site. Most platforms offer "turnkey" sites that are quite efficient for launching a complete, efficient and optimized site.
    I have used Wizishop to do my website (you can click and see it) and I am very happy with the result.
    Getting started is easy, the user interface is ergonomic. The technical team is efficient and responsive. Updates are regular. The tools and options offered are more than enough to launch a serious and professional e-commerce site.

RVB77, Feb 28, 2022 IP
  8. LadyC

LadyC Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi RVB77,
    Thank you so much for your advice. It is truly appreciated! I am considering Bigcommerce plugin because I've been considering using Wordpress as a platform because of the creative freedom, yet I need the benefits of an ecommerce platform. I am not interested in Woocommerce. Any opinions on headless commerce?
    I would appreciate your opinion.

LadyC, Mar 7, 2022 IP