1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce options for site

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Rakesh Vyas, Jan 21, 2015.

I have a very well established small business with about some products. Unfortunately I have found myself in a bad situation with the company managing/hosting my site. The main issue being they are supposed to upgrade my shopping cart and have been unable to get the job done. This upgrade started in January so it's been going on a long time. I hate to have to switch again as this is the second company I've worked with, but pretty sure I'm losing sales because of features I don't currently have. My site is not mobile friendly which I think is a big hit. The upgrade was supposed to make it responsive. I also don't have marketing tools like abandoned cart. So unless this upgrade happens soon I need to figure out what to do moving forward.

So far my research has led me to a hosted option like 3D cart, Volusion, Shopify, or big commerce. I don't think I want to be running the site myself as I have very limited website knowledge. I used to run an html site with paypal buttons and that was easy enough, but I think website are getting too complicated? But I do want to hear everyones opinions as I hope someone has been in the same spot as me before. The hosted options would be a slam dunk as they seem to have all the features I want, but I have read a lot of bad reviews about them. I'm hoping they are a minority. I think I would save money per month with these options as my current hosting is not cheap.

Currently the site is using nopcommerce which if upgraded has all the features I want, but it seems hard to find people familiar with it for help. Posts on the forum don't always get answers. I do all the work in the admin area and if anything goes wrong the host fixes it. The previous small company I worked with had bad hosting and couldn't get the site working very well. So unless it is going to be much cheaper I'm not so interested in that route again. I'd rather be selling my products than having to go through this every couple years. Look forward to some suggestions of what I should do.

Thanks in advance,
    Rakesh

Rakesh Vyas, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Would you like to share the URL? People might be able to help and suggest better once they have a look at the site.

JEET, Jan 21, 2015 IP
  3. lakshay19

lakshay19 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why don't you use woocommerce?? Its free and you don't need any programming knowledge to develop a website with it. There are several video tutorials available online. And several free responsive themes are available. If you don't want to go through the hassle of researching all the themes just go with Mystile. Its a great responsive theme.
    You just need to buy a hosting plan. If you are not expecting too many visitors then go with godaddy. If you are their first time costumers then they are running a promotional offer in India which will give you hosting for a single site for one year for just Rs. 720 and you will also get a free domain.
    I have done this in the past and never had a problem. If you want to keep your website simple then you wouldn't need to spend a single penny except the hosting fee. And even if you need to add some complex features there are tonnes of free plugins available with a lot of tutorials. With enough effort your new website will be ready in just a week!

lakshay19, Jan 22, 2015 IP
  4. irj

irj Active Member

Best Answers:
    OpenCart is very simple to work with if you are going to manage a small site by yourself. It has a ton of features right out of the box and you dont have to know too much web design to get started. However, OpenCart looks very dated even though it offers many different features.

Woocommerce is great if you are familiar with Wordpress. I was in your situation not too long ago and many users recommended that I moved from Open Cart to woocommerce. When I first made the transition, I hated it, but once you understand Woocommerce and Wordpress its great. As mentioned on here, it will be much easier to find freelancers who are familiar with Wordpress\Woocommerce.

irj, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  5. irj

irj Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a thread talking about some of the things I learned when transitioning to Wordpress. Hopefully I can save you some headaches I had

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/some-advice-from-a-newbie.2744416/

irj, Jan 23, 2015 IP
  6. rameyshaun

rameyshaun Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Install Wordpress With WooCommerce
    2. Install WooCommerce compatible themes [There are many , google it]
    3. Integrate your products.
    4. Try other options than paypal.
    5. ...... and your problem solved :)

Also for hosting purposes i choose hostgator or estroweb

WooCommerce themes that are available are responsive and if u need custom one, i can make for you, PM me for quote.

Happy selling :)

rameyshaun, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  7. Debut Infotech

Debut Infotech Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to redesign your ecommerce website you can visit debut infotech . Here you can redesign your website at affordable rates.

Debut Infotech, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  8. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ramey really gave a very good snapshot :)

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 28, 2015 IP