1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce merchant that allows Adult (18+) products

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by rottenpixies, Aug 23, 2013.

Okay so about a year ago a friend of mine decided to start a business. He invested several thousand dollars in buying wholesale products. Some of these products are for 18+ or older consumers. Specifically these are tobacco pipes and products, which are the issue at hand. He has lots of other stuff for under 18 like tapestries, jewelry, and other novelty items.

So I have making websites for about 10 years and got into marketing and SEO a couple years ago. I made a decent amount of money on Adsenses doing some niche blogs. Anyways, I created him a website with a jigoshop cart. The jigoshop cart was built into the theme we bought which is why we chose to go with that, jigoshop was a nightmare trying to integrate payment methods, but we managed to get paypal working on it. All was good and we started getting orders, but than paypal sent a notice saying they can't accept payments for the 18+ stuff because of the high return rate on those type of products (or that was the excuse they gave us at least).

After months of work we were so discouraged after failed attempts of finding another merchant that would accept us, that we stopped all work on the site and stopped the merchant services. After taking a break from all the work we did, I am trying to do reserach on getting him a new merchant so he can get some of his money back on all the product he purchased.

If anyone can help lead me to a merchant + payment gateway that I can install into JigoShop that will allow for 18+ year old tobacco products, please shed some light!! Would be more than happy to pay someone to help us finish this. The site is all ready to go with the the products and everything, just need the merchant and payment gateway installed for someone who will accept payment on these type of products. I can share the link to the page with whoever needs it but did not feel it would be appropriate to put a link in my first post.

Thank you
    Josh.

rottenpixies, Aug 23, 2013 IP
  2. bhovinsusty

bhovinsusty Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Josh,

Can i know what was your monthly turnover, is your site active ? I can help you out. please contact me back on

bhovinsusty, Oct 16, 2013 IP
  3. PainlessProcessor

PainlessProcessor Member

Best Answers:
    Hear is your help... Just about every (if not every) shopping cart lists compatible gateways somewhere on there website so that e-commerce merchants can plan ahead prior to making a decision on a shopping cart. If you remove the adult products from your website then you have no problem using any of their payment gateways (including PayPal). If the majority of your products are adult then you are going to need to apply for a high-risk merchant account. In this case, you could most likely use authorize.net since it is listed as a compatible gateway; however, you need to check with the high-risk ISO/MSP you are applying through to make sure there will not be any issues.

PainlessProcessor, Oct 25, 2013 IP
  4. sftranna

sftranna Member

Best Answers:
    authorize.net may help you in this regard

sftranna, Oct 26, 2013 IP
  5. Peter Hunt

Peter Hunt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many sites where you can sell adult products. Just type "where to sell adult products" in google, you'll find many sites.

Peter Hunt, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  6. scenepremiere

scenepremiere Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We provide merchant services for all types of adult site and products. Let me know if I can help!!

We are direct so we set our rates! No upfront fees, low rate guarantee, float down, etc. If you need a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. processing account as backup we will do this as well. We want business!

Contact us:
    - Email:

scenepremiere, Apr 9, 2014 IP
  7. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    We can provide processing solutions for high-risk businesses, and we provide free programming if a plugin is needed for your e-commerce store. Feel free to reach out at or add AuruminterCC on Skype so we can help you out!

Iconiplex, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  8. Jack Yasger

Jack Yasger Peon

Best Answers:
    Any Agents that need to place "High Risk" merchants we can help! We have various solutions available both Offshore and Domestic for Pharma, Nutra, Gaming, PC Repair, Adult, Continuity, LI and more. We can provide competitive rate and process any amount of volume.

Skype jack_y1986 or email for more information

Jack Yasger, May 9, 2014 IP