1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce is going to be screwed

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by degreubiwa, Dec 18, 2018.

Modi govt is going to ask eCommerce companies like Amazon, Alibaba, Flipkart, Snapdeal etc to stop discounts on products after complaint of local retailers nationwide aHow do you feend bring the matter to WTO.
    How do you feel about it?

degreubiwa, Dec 18, 2018 IP
  2. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Progress is pretty much unstoppable in the long run. Brick and mortar that try to compete with the big e-commerce stores will have to make adjustments to their business models or they'll disappear in my opinion.

I think there will always be customers who won't want to shop online. My question is will they be a large enough group to keep the brick & mortar stores in business.

JoeSpirit, Dec 19, 2018 IP
  4. J.C.Anderson

J.C.Anderson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Some counties even going to impose additional taxes and fees to protect the local retailers. But, hopefully, such protectionism would be defined as unlawful, otherwise it would be tought situation both for e-commerce retailers and the clients.

J.C.Anderson, Dec 19, 2018 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seems like the same scenario as between the buggy whip makers and auto makers a hundred years ago so so. The old lost to the new. Same thing today.

mmerlinn, Dec 19, 2018 IP
  6. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I think its all vote-bank politics. Retailers in India specially in cities like Mumbai, New Delhi, Banglore, Kolkata are un-authorized and buys from branded retailers like Tata or Reliance for discount or eCommerce and sell for exactly printed price without discount. You even don't gets warranty from Company service center for their Invoice from local retailers. At least ecommerce is selling Genuine products with warranty on their Invoices.
    Like Nehru Place market in New Delhi for computer hardware booms however no warranty on Invoice and 40%-60% products are grey market there...
    Modi govt is the worst for small business owners, they just want to please vote-banks like villagers, farmers or fertilizer and construction sector where money bleeds for running business.

degreubiwa, Dec 19, 2018 IP