1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ecommerce help.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Notting, Feb 21, 2006.

Hi guys and girls,

Current situation:

I am selling tickets for student nights at a nightclub. Basically people fill out a form and then pay using paypal interface (single buttons). I download the list of the names of people who have bought tickets and the number they have bought. I send this list to the nightclub who then let in everyone who has bought ticket.

What I want:

Although the system works ok I want some extra functionality.

1. At the moment I can't stop selling the tickets at a certain time (I remove the buttons from the page but people can still buy tickets - not sure why, maybe the page is cached or something.

2. I want to be able to automatically stop selling the tickets at a certain time. Would be cool if this was automated so I didn't have to be there.

3. Would be *extremely cool* if the list of names of people who have bought tickets was automatically sent to the nightclub (that way I could go myself with out having to check if more people have bought tickets (see no. 2)

Dont mind spending £££ on this but the system has to be reliable because if the system ***s up I'm going to be in trouble.

Any suggstions. Have looked at a few scripts but haven't found any that would perform these functions - may have to be a custom job. In which case suggestions for this would also be helpful.

Thanks
    ~Jamie

Notting, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  2. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    that depends on what platform you are using. Linux or windows. That make a big difference.

diamond008, Feb 21, 2006 IP
  3. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    :Sorted: - Using cubecart which is v. good with lots of good mods out there.

Notting, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  4. Discreet

Discreet Guest

Best Answers:
    If it's just the one ticket that is sold, you could easily get a custom script built to do all that for fairly cheap, best guess is $200 and you would get something really good. Probably less if you know the right scripter.

PM me if you are interested, I can point you in the right direction.

Discreet, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  5. Notting

Notting Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For the time being cubecart is working fine for me. Worked out a bit better than a customer job because i am now branching out to selling other products. May need some automisation in the future though, so ill add you to my list of "useful contacts"!

Cheers Jamie

Notting, Mar 7, 2006 IP