1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCommerce challenges faced and tools/services to overcome them.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by TMR, Sep 4, 2020.

What has been a major challenge for you with your eCommerce store and what tool/service has actually helped you overcome this?

TMR, Sep 4, 2020 IP
  2. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    As a startup, the major challenge of an e-commerce owner is having a sale. It really needs time and effort to market your products. You cannot just sit and wait for your first sale. For me, as an owner you need to know all the stuff on how to run your e-commerce store.

IAmTheAnswer, Sep 7, 2020 IP
  3. DanjoDesigns

DanjoDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    Setting your store up and getting your products on your website is fairly easy nowadays via platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Wix etc. The thing that becomes a real challenge is gaining traction and driving traffic to your store. Without shoppers, you wont have a store for long.

I found that social networks play a major part in marketing your store along with digital ads such as Google Ads but you need to set aside a monthly budget for this and it can get costly.

One free option is making sure you store is listed on the Upurr Store Directory which is a great online store directory and other online business directories such as Yell or BT.

Marketing aside, i think the rest comes down to offering good products (at the right price) and customer care.

DanjoDesigns, Mar 2, 2021 IP
  4. Idith Birgenmahr

Idith Birgenmahr Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the most important issues I came across my e-commerce was the bounce rate. Many of my visitors did not like the content, and it didn't fit to their interests. So I started using an app called Twik, which personalize the user experience, and it's helped me increase conversion rate by 15%.
    They deliver each user the best version of the website which will most likely help this user convert. It's completely automatic, and it cost me 9$ only in the Shopify marketplace.

Idith Birgenmahr, May 8, 2021 IP
  5. Cynthia Moreno

Cynthia Moreno Peon

Best Answers:
    The most trying challenge I faced was regarding how to up my marketing game. Getting that regular flow of sales was definitely something I was stuck with.

Although there are a lot of good third-party marketing softwares, it is always a good move to go with a solution provider that also offers marketing tools. I went with an e-commerce platform (StoreHippo) that offered a lot many inbuilt marketing tools. In addition to that, I also integrated my store with MailChimp to make my email marketing process more effective. In a period of two to three months, I was able to record favorable results. I also didn't pay any extra money for added plugins or apps. It was a rather smooth ride in the end.

Cynthia Moreno, Jul 8, 2021 IP
  6. NicoleW

NicoleW Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest challenge is a traffic and how to increase it from the scratch, first sales is a huge issue as well, as you just starting and do not know your audience and they don't know you, so it's important to gain their trust from the very first sale

NicoleW, Jul 9, 2021 IP