1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eCcommerce platforms for virtual goods with a twist?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Sam Murray, Oct 27, 2015.

Hello everyone,

I would like to create an online shop that sells virtual goods, but with a small twist:

As part of my online store, I'd like the customers to fill an online form with 3 fields: 1. Text. 2. an email address. 3. A future date from the calendar.

When the future date comes, the system automatically sends the text to the email mentioned.

I think this requires a data base incorporated into the platform/web site.

Is this even possible? Are there any platforms like Shopify or others that allow selling virtual products with a future delayed download?

Thanks a lot!

Sam

Sam Murray, Oct 27, 2015 IP
  2. SKUlabs

SKUlabs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Sam. This sounds like something that would require a bit of custom development, so your best bet would be to use an open source cart platform that you can develop on top of. Magento and WooCommerce are the top dogs in the open source cart game, so take a look at those two. They're both built on PHP and MySQL, so that's what you would want to use to develop your idea.

SKUlabs, Oct 28, 2015 IP