1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

"eBook Pro 6.0" e-book publishing software question

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by alexa_s, Oct 3, 2008.

Have any members used "eBook Pro 6.0" e-book publishing software/system, with or without its associated Mailloop 6.0 e-mail automation software? Can anyone either recommend it or warn me off it, or anything else, please?

alexa_s, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  2. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ebooks made with an exe html compiler was a lot more popular around the turn of the century when pdf ebooks were expensive to make. I haven't seen very many new ebooks made with exe compilers anymore, except to submit them to software directories.

The software that you mention requires the "reader" to be able to view the ebook and a key to register the ebook, thus you can disable the ebook when the person connects to the Internet. This is helpful for refunders or "sharing", but honest customers will have to jump through some hoops.

You'd also be eliminating most Mac users and PC people who won't download exe's. Most publishers won't bother with it because you'll discourage the honest customers, you'll lose more sales trying to prevent theft then it's worth. Ideas can be copied anyway.

That being said there's other HTML compilers that will do what you want for less. Activ ebook will virtually lock your ebook to a specific computer for under $30 (99 passwords). There's also PDF lockers (turns it into a exe) that will do the job.

bob25, Oct 3, 2008 IP
  3. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply, Bob. Plenty to think about, there.

I think MAC users are about 7% of all computer users?

One of the promoted features of this thing I found interesting was the "send a copy of this ebook to a friend by email" button, which automatically collects the friends' names and email addresses for the owner. I thought this might be a good way of using a sort of free abbreviated/outline copy of an e-book as a promotion for the whole paid-for product (in which I wouldn't use that facility, of course). But in view of your comments I'd better do some more thinking and looking around. Thank you!

alexa_s, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  4. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wasn't aware of that "email to a friend feature". Perhaps creating a viral lite version of your ebook that can be rebranded. Both PDF's and exe's can be rebranded.

bob25, Oct 4, 2008 IP
  5. zinc-uk

zinc-uk Peon

Best Answers:
    i find acrobat pro is best

zinc-uk, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  6. jacobwh

jacobwh Guest

Best Answers:
    I use myebookmaster.com it's easier and more secure than Adobe, plus I can put images and videos in it. Ebook pro 6 is decent though, just a little harder to distribute etc..

jacobwh, Jan 6, 2010 IP
  7. inspiroHost

inspiroHost Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with zinc-uk. Adobe Acrobat Pro is a good pdf software to use for your ebooks.

inspiroHost, May 30, 2011 IP