1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay's Affiliate Program

Discussion in 'eBay' started by digitalpoint, Mar 5, 2004.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you signup for the eBay AU affiliate program (as an example), you get paid for anyone signing up for a new account at ebay.com.au (regardless of country they are from).

digitalpoint, Jul 17, 2005 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Shawn, you need to be a dedicated content writer ... the type that blogs about anything and everything that might be for sale one ebay. Stories about your grandma's old washing machine etc. A whole site about ebay with 1k related pages will do it :)

Blogmaster, Jul 17, 2005 IP
  3. nikolay

nikolay Peon

Best Answers:
    hey everyone, need your help.I live outside US and i don't have the possibility to work with lots of great affiliate programs which are offered for US citizens. But i am also able to make money on the internet though i make couple of times less money than i would make on the US market. I'm really interested in eBay affiliate program but the problem is that CJ doesn't accept webmasters from Ukraine(where i am from).But i have already been working with eBay for about 1 year with the help of my US friend. He added my website to his CJ account and sent me my comissions every month.But now he moved and he is no longer making noney on the internet.So why am i writing all this?I am looking for a partner, who has a possibility to work with CJ and eBay and who will include my website into his account in order i can work with eBay. What will you get for this?You'll be getting part of my total month comissions, about 20-30 percent of total amount what i've earned, but it can be discussed and be more.All you'll have to do is to add my web-site into your account, e-mail me codes with couple of text links at first so i can put them on my web-site and start. And i'll probably need a report for my web-site with number of impressions,clicks,leads,bids and CTR ones or twice a month. So as you see it's nothing difficult and it's really easy to cooperate.Then you'll send me what i've earned with the help of one of the e-money systems like e-gold.com or webmoney.com or others. As you have already understood i am looking for an honest person who won't fool me with stats and money i made(because i won't be able to see it) and who will actually send money to me.My website is english language and i drive US traffic there.But i think that there are lots of honest people here ready to help.Preferably, this should be a person who already works with eBay. PM me who is intersted.

nikolay, Jul 17, 2005 IP
  4. affiliateintel

affiliateintel Guest

Best Answers:
    I started promoting ebays affiliate program with adwords, I found i had better results
    advertising to countrys like the UK Australia cause just about everyone in the Usa
    knows of ebay. I was using just one or two keyword, for the uk i was using the keywords like brtish cars. uk cars etc

affiliateintel, Jul 22, 2005 IP
  5. mickyboy73

mickyboy73 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and found it while searching for keywords to use in my Metatags.

I'm not here to shamelessly plug my web site or ebook that I have just released for the UK and USA eBay affiliate programs. Instead I'd like to share my views and knowledge of the program and hear what others think of it, both good and bad.

eBay trades in more than 33 international countries with over 157 registered users worldwide with 75 million based in the USA and 10 million in the UK (where I live).

eBay's affiliate program must be the mother of all affiliate programs as far as size and potential scope for earning an income through promoting other peoples items. Essentially this is what the program is, an affiliate program which works no differently to any other affiliate program.

The only thing that is slightly different is the angle of things. Normally a company offers a product for sale and you sign up to their affiliate program to promote the item for which you get paid a commission for each sale.

Essentially eBay's affiliate program is no different except that with eBay, instead of having one or two items to promote you actually have 55 million items to choose from at any one time as this is the number of auctions running on eBay continuously.

So, the trick of this game and to make some money out of it is to choose the category that you wish to promote, maybe you belong to a forum that deals in antiques for example. With eBay's affiliate tool box you can set your affiliate link to send your targeted visitors from the forum you post in to the top level category, and second level category or even a specific item.

There are easy and simple ways on which to create your affiliate link to take visitors to any category or indeed any specific page on any eBay worldwide site.

To secret to making money out of this is, as always, a targeted audience. No one is going to follow a link that leads them to a product page which is of no interest to them but by offering antique collectors a link directly to a page full of items that are of interest to them or indeed a specific item then you are more likely to get more click throughs. All the visitor needs to do then to earn you money is to either place a bid, use the buy it now option or the bigger money maker, register with eBay before they can bid or buy.

eBay pays varying commissions according to the number of people that join, bid or buy in a one month period. They also pay different amounts according to the country of the affiliate program you are promoting. The UK and USA has some big differences in price structure and volumes.

As you can see, making an income from eBay's affiliate program is not hard or really any different from any other affiliate program except that it's actually easier.

Sorry for waffling on but it's a subject close to my heart and of great interest to me. Oh and it's also responsible for a large portion of my income each month ;-)

Regards,
    Michael Sherriff

mickyboy73, Aug 17, 2005 IP
  6. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi im willing to pay some one to make a php site for my ebay api
    im ok with php and have other aff site up and running
    but this is way over my head
    plz PM me if interested

bloodwrath, Aug 20, 2005 IP
  7. ishiiboy

ishiiboy Peon

Best Answers:
    During the course of the auction it is likely that the bidder will place many bids with the first one being placed through your affiliate link. My fear is that all subsequent bids, including the winning bid, will be placed from within ebay's site--cutting you out of the loop. Is this how things work?

ishiiboy, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  8. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    I hope that Google will come out with an affiliate program for it's EBayish service offered in extension to the new payment system.

Blogmaster, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  9. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    That will be some serious competition to ebay, I guess.

onedollar, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  10. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    And a true blessing for affiliates if they're doing it right.

Blogmaster, Mar 3, 2006 IP
  11. alexzin

alexzin Guest

Best Answers:

I think it's the illegal for which US citizens help you about that your said.

alexzin, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  12. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    quote of the day :D

DomainMagnate, Mar 25, 2007 IP
    Blogmaster likes this.
  13. Blogmaster

Best Answers:
    That comment is old. How many uniques are it now?

Blogmaster, Mar 26, 2007 IP
  14. gurzilla

gurzilla Peon

Best Answers:
    I can supply you with a great script for your eBay affiliate websites.

This script rocks!

gurzilla, Oct 20, 2007 IP
  15. shanka

shanka Banned

Best Answers:
    payout via check i dont like

shanka, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  16. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Probably a few millions, but that's just a wild guess ;)

~MG

DomainMagnate, Oct 21, 2007 IP
  17. surya

surya Peon

Best Answers:
    i am a newbie as well..
    but i when i try to signup for an affiliate, they lead me to cj and cj
    simply rejects me:(
    any suggestion for me as to how to get rid of this??
    any other way to join as an ebay affiliate?

surya, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  18. weblomoney

weblomoney Active Member

Best Answers:
    eBay affiliate programm is worth using only and only if you get tons of traffic or have means to drive that much traffic to your site, otherwise it is just like using those paid survey type sites which will make your couple of bucks here and there but not much.

weblomoney, Dec 4, 2007 IP
  19. msollicito

msollicito Peon

Best Answers:
    Some of you may have notice a post in one of the other threads. We believe we have come up with a great tool to help you make more money from your website using the eBay affiliate program (which is now called the eBay Partner Network - eBay dropped Commission Junction). As a number of people have pointed out, the eBay affiliate/Partner Network program is one of the most generous out there - the problem until now has been how to easily get visitors to click through and bid/purchase eBay listings so that you can earn the money that eBay is offering! Now we have the answer!

eBars are an eBay certified eBay compatible application, a bit like Google Adsense for eBay - they "sniff" your web page and display ads that are relevant to your visitors, context sensitive and time sensitive - all the listings displayed will be current listings that will not expire for at least 30 mins, and the current prices are given below the listings too. Also unlike Google Adsense, the links are to specific listings of a specific product - much more likely to result in a bid/purchase than the Adsense links which tend to be links to a site rather than a specific product.

In a couple of seconds you can see what an eBar would look like in your website - just go to the ebarster website (I cant use urls right now but you can work it out!) and if you like it, you can get an eBar on your website within a couple of minutes - very little html knowledge is required!

Please let me know if you have feedback/questions!

Thanks
    Michelle Sollicito
    Make your website pay with eBars and eBay

msollicito, Apr 6, 2008 IP
  20. save

save Active Member

Best Answers:
    From what I can see the Ebay Affiliate program has gone to the dogs, only paying for clicks now which is really stupid.

save, Oct 4, 2009 IP