1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay to Increase Final Value Fees, Lower Listing Fees

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Twan, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If it did happen that would not be good! - Considering the final value fee is average more then start up costs.
    I think its stupid to have start up fee then a final value fee. After paypal fees its like 20% :eek:

Shazz, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  2. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Might be good for those in the affiliate marketing ;)

BusinessMinded08, Jan 18, 2008 IP
  3. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    might be good as long as ebay does not change its affiliate commissions :(

mcjp6, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  4. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Wow, yeah, that would suck... I'm not even for the Final Value Fees going up now :eek:

BusinessMinded08, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  5. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    The only reason, I can see, why eBay would be lowering listing fees is that there are fewer sellers using eBay. They want to encourage more sellers to list items. This could be good for us. More items, more buyers, more potential commissions.

Also, aren't the CJ/eBay commissions based on the Final Value fee? Then increasing those will also be good for eBay affiliates.

Honestly, as an ebay seller I pay more attention to the listing fees than the final value fee. It is the cost of items that don't sell that hurt me more than paying a little extra when an item does sale. Of course, that is just me, other seller's balance point will be different.

Of course, I make money with my BANS and other eBay affiliate listings. This seems like a good thing from the affiliate side.

Aldouspi, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  6. comicartfans

comicartfans Peon

Best Answers:
    It makes a lot of sense for them to do this. Any discount listing day they have always produces higher payouts for me 7 days out when all those auctions close. It's the same concept as the Gov't cutting taxes to stimulate growth. I think it is a great idea and we'll all definitely benefit from more items being listed/sold on ebay.

-Bill

comicartfans, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  7. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's to help the sellers who didn't sell their item. If they didn't sale, they don't have to pay a final fee. Other sites are doing this as well, so eBay follows to compete. I think it'll be good for affiliates... if eBay doesn't change payout.

kingbrend, Jan 19, 2008 IP
  8. Doctorgeri

Doctorgeri Peon

Best Answers:
    Do the Math; the Final value Fees are increasing more than the decrease in listing fees. They are giving something with the right hand, but penalizing that with the left hand. This is tough on the "little sellers" who do not have a store or are not power sellers.
    And mentioning Paypal Fees; PAYPAL CHARGES A COMMISSION ON THE SHIPPING CHARGES!
    How far they have come from their humble beginnings...

Doctorgeri, Jan 29, 2008 IP