1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay seller pulling a fast one PAYPAL DISPUTE ADVICE

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by Rufio90210, Apr 21, 2015.

Hi, any advice offered on how best to deal with a dispute raised by an ebay seller trying to pull a fast one on me would be appreciated. Here is a quick summery of the predicament.

I bought a macbook for £510 on ebay, it was advertised as including microsoft office. It arrived however the microsoft office serial key is already in use (obvsiously by the seller) so I was unable to install the product. The following interactions I have in my ebay messages as proof of discussion. I complained to the ebay seller who first tried to get me to download an illegal crack for it giving me website links to use, I refused. I carried on complaining to him as the item was mis sold and he eventually gave me £100 refund through pay pal which is the price of the software.

Fair enought I thought, I let it go.

Now 1 month on he has raised a dispute on pay pal declaring that he bought Microsoft office from me for £100 and has not received the item and wants a refund. The £100 has temporarily been taken from my account.

What can I do here to convince pay pal of the truth and any plan of action?

Many thanks,

Luke

Rufio90210, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  2. Blesta.Store

Blesta.Store Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would phone up PayPal the US and UK numbers are freephone numbers and you can use skype. I'm surprised he didn't refund you partial payment from the original transaction. But it's best to contact PayPal buy phone because writing can get the wrong idea across if you get me.

Blesta.Store, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  3. ALN2015

ALN2015 Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunetly this is a common issue with ebay now, it is mainly used by scammers and they can get away with it. There are entire forums talking about these types of issues and how a buyer or seller gets banned from ebay or paypal or both for nothing more than buying or selling a product. Ebay used to be a good place to buy and sell but the fees are high and too many scammers on the site to make it worth anything now.

ALN2015, Apr 22, 2015 IP