1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay ePN deleted messages

Discussion in 'eBay' started by fr0gman, Oct 16, 2008.

Hello everyone that is either involved in the eBay affiliate marketing program known as eBay Partner Network or ePN.

If you have been following this program you already know that there are some huge problems like flawed tracking, monthly corrections to affiliate commission, poor communication and arbitrary termination of profitable affiliate accounts. Among these issues, ePN is not actively deleting messages from there forum that question their practices or in any way shine what they think is a negative light on the program.

I have started this thread as a way to bring some of these deleted messages to the attention of the marketing community in a forum that hopefully supports the free and unhindered exchange of opinions and information.

Here are the last 2 message that have been brought to my attention as deleted:

This message was posted after an affiliate noticed that a negative adjustment was made to their commission report for September.

This is another message that was deemed offensive by ePN forum MODs and removed.

I invite anyone who has had posts deleted to publish them here.

fr0gman, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  2. dwallphx

dwallphx Guest

Best Answers:
    They haven't deleted any of my specific posts, but they have deleted entire threads that I had posts in. There are also reports from the financial and sellers forums of the same thing happening. I don't think it is just ePN doing it, it appears to be an eBay wide directive. Maybe some kind of wrong-headed idea of damage control.

dwallphx, Oct 16, 2008 IP
    fr0gman likes this.
  3. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have had 3 accounts and corresponding IP addresses banned from the Google Finance forums for making negative statements about ePN/eBay.

Do the MBA's at the head of eBay really think that they can silence an entire community on the interweb? If anything their actions are causing more noise. One affiliate told me that for every one of his posts that are deleted he will post to 10 forums and blogs.

Come On!?!?!? eBay, fix your foul-ups and stop trying to hide the fact that you screwed up. We are not idiots nor are we lemmings.

fr0gman, Oct 16, 2008 IP
  4. fr0gman

fr0gman Peon

Best Answers:
    ePN continues to delete messages from the forum!

You really have to wonder what deep dark secrets these idiots are trying to hide.

I member made the following post to the ePN forum:

Another member made the following post which was quickly deleted:

Honestly, what is eBay/ePN trying to hide and/or accomplish by removing negative posts?

fr0gman, Nov 3, 2008 IP
  5. yangyang

yangyang Banned

Best Answers:
    Great power comes great corruption. Just like Google, though most of the time they are perhaps honest, but if they are not, to a few webmasters, worry not, they can still move on without losing a penny. And the other webmasters have to keep kissing their asses, as always.

yangyang, Jan 1, 2009 IP