1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay as an affiliate seems to pay well

Discussion in 'eBay' started by Tesseract, Jun 15, 2008.

I don't know if its just me (I'm looking for advice here) but I manage my own affiliate sites and one site gets really low traffic (like 200 visitors a month from google & yahoo searches) but actually generates a pretty high Dollars/Visitor payback.

I'm using ebay on the main page only and it really seems to pay off (the product I'm pointing too is $2-4 grand).

Is this normal or just a couple months of flukes?

Tesseract, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  2. YoungSmeagol

YoungSmeagol Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What do you consider high dollars/visitor payback?

$1 per visitor? $10 Per visitor? $100 per visitor?

YoungSmeagol, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  3. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, this may be possible as conversion depends highly on the quality of your traffic. You can get thousands of unique hits from SU in less than one hour but it will not convert as well as the traffic from search engines. :)

Wayne Liew, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  4. BlogSalesman

BlogSalesman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Duh! If you are selling a 2-4 grand product, you should see a very nice return. I bet you would get more of a return from places other than eBay.

BlogSalesman, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  5. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    eBay doesn't do as well as other affiliate programs like PepperJam. If you use your methods for that, I'm sure you'll get consistent earnings for a long time. Your eBay product might lose its glam soon. :D

TheVccMatey, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  6. Tesseract

Tesseract Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is on a very rare item and popular Item for the niche market I have Targeted. Therefore, Ebay is really the only place your going to land this item (that is why I use ebay).

Its about $1 per 100 visitors. But as I promote the site, I am getting more visitors, and more $ from ebay sales.

Tesseract, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  7. somavision

somavision Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been using ebay for my video game promotions as well, I've found the results to be roughly what Tesseract suggests ($1 -100 views). Is there any way to track if users advance from the ebay auction to any web pages that you may have placed in the listing?

somavision, Jun 15, 2008 IP
  8. dspohn23

dspohn23 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a niche site, that a particular ebay buyer continues to view items through my site. I have been earning the commissions from all of his purchases (because he clicks through my site). He's purchased over 35 items in the past month. This has equated to over 120 dollars for me, from just one purchaser! If only I could get other addicted ebayers to visit my sites.

dspohn23, Jun 16, 2008 IP
  9. Tesseract

Tesseract Peon

Best Answers:
    If he likes expensive rare lens, send him my way, LOL.:cool:

Tesseract, Jun 16, 2008 IP