1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

eBay and Yahoo to see Google off :)

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by ajayr, May 25, 2006.

1. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely far ahead, but I believe the competition will catch up eventually - it's inevitable. In this case, competition is good for everyone...except perhaps Google. ;)

Sam

WebFreedom, May 31, 2006 IP
  2. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Lets wait and watch, what happens. I will be glad if there is somthing and as big as adsense as an alternative for all of us + equally strong Search engine as Google.

Imran, May 31, 2006 IP
  3. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I agree with you 100%, and the best thing that could happen for both publishers and advertisers would be for someone to take a serious run at Google. I think the biggest challenge in working with Google right now is that they're not very forthcoming with information, which is certainly understandable considering their present stranglehold on the market. If another company were to start taking a significant portion of their business, in tandem with an open information-communication policy, it may help Google to "open up" a bit. ;)

I don't want to come across as a "Google basher", though. I give them credit for everything they've accomplished, and in a great many ways, they run a pretty tight ship - especially considering the size of the enterprise and the speed of its growth.

Sam

WebFreedom, May 31, 2006 IP
  4. elvislivz2

elvislivz2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you run as an ppc expert. Some online offerings do better on overture than google & a vice~a~versa.

I am running 3 diff. client campaigns right now & even though i am getting a lot of CA ( click action) it's not converting to dollars.

yet the same load of keyword ads running in google are getting click to conversions.

for me personally, i hate the crappy accounting google has. yahoo is so meticulous detailed & superior I gag everytime i have to go into my google campaigns & look at the screen.

do you think that more men shop online with google than with yahoo?

elvislivz2, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  5. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess would be that, right now, more EVERYONE shop online with Google than any other search engine - at least in the US. May be different internationally.

Sam

WebFreedom, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  6. Big_Rob

Big_Rob Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait until Yahoo goes international. It will only take a while for thier payout rates to normalise with that of google. Right now Yahoo pays more because it can attract high quality USA dominated traffic from its publishers.

Big_Rob, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  7. IMGster

IMGster Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope yahoo can beat them, yahoo is easier for seo, page rank is stupid!

IMGster, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're forgetting that Google doesn't give a toss if it upsets webmasters. We're not their customers after all, the users are.
    Low CTRs an poor earnings are a symptom of surfers wising up to paid ads and the useless MFA sites that are created.

MattUK, Jun 9, 2006 IP