1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ebay affiliates...where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by baygrafix, Jul 15, 2008.

1. markowe

markowe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, unfortunately that is not usually the case - the big guys have economies of scale on their side, end of story. Why is my local "mega-market" pushing my friend's small PC hardware store out of business with its rock-bottom prices..? Because they buy big and can sell for a small margin...

Not wanting to play devil's advocate, your first post and all (welcome, by the way :) ), but I think PayPal has plenty of business without EPN affiliates - surely it's a better saving for eBay to pay affiliates LESS at the end of the day!

Having said that, I do actually think eBay place a good deal of importance on their affiliate program (despite the teething problems with the EPN), so I doubt affiliates are scuppered yet...

Nope :)

markowe, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  2. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. The EPN program is an important cog in eBay's constant quest for new customers. New customers have a value well exceeding the $25 (in the U.S.) paid to partners for ACRUs. Often part, all or more than that is recovered in initial winning bids, and the value of a customer over the years is certainly greater than the cost of the ACRU. Moreover, CRUs often go uncompensated, in which case, eBay gets a new signup for free. New customers are essential to eBay's growth.

IMO, the payment of commissions is just an incentive to get new affiliates to drive new customers to eBay.

potentmix, Jul 22, 2008 IP
  3. cliffmaster

cliffmaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Same for me, so I am not worried at all. I think for the most part most ebay affiliates should not worry about this. Just keep building and promoting.

The onlything we ebay affiliates should be thinking right now is getting ready for the holidays sales charge. Now is the time to start building sites for the Christmas holiday shopping.

cliffmaster, Jul 23, 2008 IP
  4. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Please, understand that your personal success is a better testimony than anything you can say. If you make money by USING BANS yourself (note: USING) than I would say: "More power to you!" But do you? If you make, let's say, $400 a month (that's probably how much you make on them anyway) and then you go on this forum or some search engine and say: "Buy BANGS to achieve your success to your financial freedom!" - you are short of being a liar. I am not calling you a liar, but I am just suggesting that you should re-evaluate your views on the whole business thing.

Do you know what the #1 thing that the people respect in any person or business (successful persons and businesses) is? Integrity. Integrity will prosper you. Lying, cheating, making a quick buck on some innocent people will eventually get you into a whole you do not want to be in.

vitalbusiness, Jul 24, 2008 IP
  5. letsshadowsuccess

letsshadowsuccess Member

Best Answers:
    Ebay is not going anywhere... they may lose members but they gain just as much. but like cylai said never put all your eggs in one basket.

letsshadowsuccess, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  6. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay, I guess I am missing something? Just accepting your numbers, what is wrong with spending $97 one time to make $400 a month on eBay sales?

Brent S, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  7. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha! Ha! You made me laugh again Brend S. Let's say I bought one of your sites and BOOM! magically I started making $400 a month. Is it real? No.

EVEN, if you make that much now, it probably took months and maybe even years to get to that point. Yet, you are offering your sites to nubies who, after buying them, would not know what to do with them. You got your money, they didn't.

Is it more clear now?

vitalbusiness, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  8. AdExJason

AdExJason Peon

Best Answers:
    Ebay is always going to be doing different things. Honestly there should be no effect on BANS or PHPBAY sites from the articles.

AdExJason, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  9. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't figure out that chip on your shoulder or is it just immaturity or naivety?

$400 a month is not that hard to achieve using bans and no of course its not magic. And it did not take years; it took me two months.

As I have said before, we all start as nubies, you have to start somewhere and BANS makes it very easy to make a start with limited knowledge and the ability to fall back on a good support network.

I am constantly amazed at the negativity of your posts, this forum is for sharing information and assisting others which I try to do and I also learn quite a lot of useful information here. However your posts always seem to be very negative and unhelpful and you go out of your way to "attack" other people for things that they are doing.

Why don't you just give it a rest and try and say something positive and helpful for once in your life. I hope this is clear enough for you to grasp.

Have a lovely day. :)

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  10. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow mcjp6, I was wondering who was the coolest guy on this forum and BOOM! the answer came very unexpectedly... It is you mcjp6.

I am sure you make $ 401 a month with BANGS. Great! I can't wait to hear how you did it and what your websites are!!!

By they way, as a man to a man. Can you take your signature off and talk to us about your achievements? No? Why not? Scrared? What are your REAL sites? What do you REALLY make?

11. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No I can't take my sig off, yes I am scared, I don't have any real sites, I don't make anything.

I need say no more, I think you have said it all.

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:

Before you edit it I need to preseve it.

Ahhh.... the perfect timing. So, what were you trying to say?

13. mcjp6

mcjp6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    as i said above

mcjp6, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  14. Brent S

Brent S Peon

Best Answers:
    What? My eBay commissions were real and paid in good old American greenbacks. So, I guess the answer is "yes" it is real.

Apparently, you are PPC fan, you know that you can use ppc with a website built with BANS, Dreamweaver, by hand, or anywhere else. So, the timing can't be your real point. Getting free traffic does take time, of course, I don't have to write a big fat check to google or yahoo every month and deduct that from my monthly sales.

Does everyone of your PPC clicks result in a sale? No, but if you are paying to be No.1 in ppc (as you state in other posts), I'm positive that you are spending more that $97 per month on clicks that do not result in sales. Yet, you do it? Why? Because ppc is a tool that you use.

Of course, if you had read the other posts, you would have seen the mention of the BANS forum and the online guides, that do show nubies how to use the sites and customize them.

Brent S, Jul 31, 2008 IP